JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Yesterday, the Recall Floyd Prozanski Campaign turned in the last of over 10,000 signatures to the Secretary of State.

The required number to force a vote on removing Prozanski from office is 8415.

Prozanski's record of protecting rapists and felons while enabling illegal aliens, coupled with his outrageous attacks on the rights and privacy of gun owners, was enough to convince many people in his district that he simply has to go.

It is now up to the Secretary of State to "validate" the signatures. Given that our current, unelected, Secretary of State is a hard core leftist who was chosen by an anti-gun, unelected governor and that the billionaire-backed, anti-gun groups have poured in vast amounts of money and resources into attacking this campaign, this will be the hardest part.

The recall campaign lost many valuable signatures as a result of the harassment and attacks by Bloomberg backed flunkies who filed specious complaints after attempting to trick volunteers into making minor technical mistakes in the signature gathering process.

Even when all those signatures were removed, the campaign was able to collect many more signatures than needed.

This has been an unprecedented effort. Many, many people worked extremely hard to get this done. To all those people we extend our most sincere gratitude. Many of you gave generously to this very expensive campaign. We simply could not have provided all the help we did to the recall effort without your generosity. To you we also say, "Thank you, you made it happen." (Not a single other "gun rights organization" contributed a dime or so much as an email. Even the Republican Party refused to support this critical battle.)

Prozanski is only one of many deceitful haters of liberty in our legislature. If he is successfully removed from office, it will only be a first step. But to have simply gotten this far sends a powerful message about how strongly Oregonians feel about their liberty. No matter what happens now (and the count is up to an official who opposes our rights) you have shown Prozanski and his fellow travelers that they are not stealing our rights without a fight, and that we will never stop protecting our liberty. Never.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

Time to put the pressure on in the "Letter's to the Editor" sections of the local papers.

Emphasis on, can a fair count be expected after all of the out of State Bloomberg money that has poured in to this State?

Emphasis on abuse of the Emergency clause to push laws through without a vote of the people.

Emphasis on all the money from real Oregonians donated to OFF and the Recalls, not the NRA, to fight SB-941, verses all the OUT OF STATE BLOOMBERG MONEY funneled to election campaigns of legislators that were anti-2ndA.

Sadly, the office of Secretary of State, which is SUPPOSED TO BE the most non-partisan position in the state, has been misused and abused for decades for the purpose of partisan party politics.

There is no way in hell that a Democratic Secretary will allow a Democrat to be recalled. Believe me, it will not be hard for Atkins to throw out 20% of the signatures. She will find a way to do it, rest assured.

Gun owners need to realize that their political enemies are on a holy crusade against gun rights. They will lie, cheat, bribe, and do whatever is necessary to defeat us when it comes time for folks to vote. It is the old "ends justify the means" mindset at work.

Much like Obama, she will break her oath of office, and not uphold the Constitution, either State or Federal:

150311_Secretary_of_State_Jeanne_Atkins_three_660.jpg

So what's the deal with this Bloomberg cat anyway? Anybody have any real theories on that? Bored billionaires don't usually blow their fortunes on unconstitutional causes for no reason

Batman and Ironman just go around doing good (I'm assuming? I dont actualy watch that crap) right? Why's this guy gotta try to F with over half the country?

So what's the deal with this Bloomberg cat anyway? Anybody have any real theories on that? Bored billionaires don't usually blow their fortunes on unconstitutional causes for no reason

Why not? The Dude is 73 years old, and is worth $33 billion at last count.

If he spent a million dollars a day, it would take him 90 years to spend all of this money. At best he maybe has 10 to 15 more years left. So why not spend some of his money while he is still alive?

He only has two daughters to leave money to. And neither one of them are interested in running his financial empire or being in politics. In fact, neither one of them even really works. One jumps horses in equestrian shows, and the other has a job on the board of a non-profit foundation. She has to attend monthly board meetings.

These people are so rich, that they have no concerns about money.

He's on a personal crusade. He has a real problem with people having the right to choose as they please. He has made gun control a pet project, likely because he believes that an armed populace is the only thing that can stop ego-maniacal power-drunk lunatics like him.

By his own admission, he sees his war on guns as a kind of holy war - I saw him in an interview stating he believed the money he was spending on this campaign would buy his place in heaven. No joke, he actually said that. The guy is deranged. He is our enemy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/michael-bloomberg-nra-elections-gun-control-violence-2014-4

Bloomberg detailed his plans in an interview with the New York Times published Monday — in which he predicted his crusades against guns, smoking, and obesity would serve him well in the afterlife.

"I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I'm not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It's not even close," Bloomberg said.

Last Edited:
By his own admission, he sees his war on guns as a kind of holy war - I saw him in an interview stating he believed the money he was spending on this campaign would buy his place in heaven. No joke, he actually said that.

This is actually not that uncommon a mindset among the anti-gunners. They see gun owners as being fire-breathing Satanic Monsters, while they are on the side of God.

You are not a human being, in their eyes.

"I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I'm not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It's not even close," Bloomberg said.

Well now I feel bad for him. He's in for a very unpleasant surprise.

"I have earned my place in heaven".....

Last time I checked, earning a place in heaven was, is, and always will be impossible through good works. (Ephesians 2:8 and Isaiah 64:6)

"I have earned my place in heaven".....

Last time I checked, earning a place in heaven was, is, and always will be impossible through good works. (Ephesians 2:8 and Isaiah 64:6)

I have a feeling he's the kind of guy that is planning to tell God how to do things. Humility for him, as for folks like Trump, Obama, Clinton, etc. is non-existent.

I have a feeling he's the kind of guy that is planning to tell God how to do things. Humility for him, as for folks like Trump, Obama, Clinton, etc. is non-existent.
Like that old Hillary joke:
....God then addresses Hillary. "Hillary, what do you believe in?"
"I believe you're in my chair."

Very much unfortunately, I have to agree with Lance Jacobs. I really, really, really hope we are wrong.

On a positive note,

Way to go OFF!!!

Sadly, the office of Secretary of State, which is SUPPOSED TO BE the most non-partisan position in the state, has been misused and abused for decades for the purpose of partisan party politics.

There is no way in hell that a Democratic Secretary will allow a Democrat to be recalled. Believe me, it will not be hard for Atkins to throw out 20% of the signatures. She will find a way to do it, rest assured.

Gun owners need to realize that their political enemies are on a holy crusade against gun rights. They will lie, cheat, bribe, and do whatever is necessary to defeat us when it comes time for folks to vote. It is the old "ends justify the means" mindset at work.

Much like Obama, she will break her oath of office, and not uphold the Constitution, either State or Federal:

View attachment 254899

Here's an article excerpt about the (LOL), NON-Partisan Atkins. Hopefully the political stink of tossing out so many obvious legitimate signatures will be too much of a risk for this long time Progressive and her Governor.
http://www.bendbulletin.com/localstate/3364010-151/atkins-steps-from-background-into-spotlight#
She says she's not concerned by state Republicans who after her appointment charged that Brown picked a replacement whose history is progressive and partisan.

"The secretary of state's position is run as partisan, so every person who runs for and holds this office has the potential for that," Atkins said of the charge. "It's kind of the proof is in what I do."

New Motor Voter law

Atkins has assembled members of interest groups to help her office write the fine print of what her office has dubbed the Oregon Motor Voter law, the automatic voter registration bill that Brown pushed and that passed early in this year's legislative session.

Under the law, the state will register eligible voters, starting next year, when they do business with the Department of Motor Vehicles. New voters won't immediately belong to a party and will have three weeks to notify the state if they want to opt out of the registration process.

The stakeholders Atkins brought to the rulemaking group consist of some who opposed the law before it passed, and supporters who hope to understand how the law will affect new citizens who will become eligible to vote for the first time before November 2016.

Progressive civic engagement groups have found an open ear in Atkins. She's met more with Maura Roche, a Democratic political consultant, and Ben Unger, executive director of the liberal group Our Oregon, than others on the rulemaking committee. About a month after taking office, Atkins hired Planned Parenthood executive director Laura Terrill Patten to act as her de facto chief of staff.

Roche, who replaced Atkins as Planned Parenthood's lobbyist in the early 1990s, said she's trying to bring Atkins up to speed on the issues new citizens and other underrepresented groups face to register to vote, with or without Oregon Motor Voter.

"I would give her high marks for really taking this on and trying to get a diversity of views," Roche said. "Not just through the (rulemaking group) with different organizations, but also now through the public hearings process by going to four different locations."

She is not running for re-election next year. So she is immune from any political fallout over anything that she does while in office.

If she makes voters angry, other Democrats can simply place the blame on her, and disavow her actions.

She is not running for re-election next year. So she is immune from any political fallout over anything that she does while in office.

If she makes voters angry, other Democrats can simply place the blame on her, and disavow her actions.
Yeah, there's a big chance this long time ideologue will take the heat of appearing dishonest to further the Progressive cause. She'll be a hero in the eyes of many.

Maybe there's an honest person amongst her staff that will keep her honest?

Yeah, there's a big chance this long time ideologue will take the heat of appearing dishonest to further the Progressive cause. She'll be a hero in the eyes of many.

Maybe there's an honest person amongst her staff that will keep her honest?

Do you not remember when then Secretary of State Bill Bradbury kicked Ralph Nader out of the 2004 Presidential election? Democrats did not want him and his peace party on the ballot, taking votes away from Kerry, like he did to Gore 4 years earlier in 2000. Many Democrats actually blamed Nader for the fact that Gore lost the election.

Bradbury simply used his power as Secretary of State to make up new unwritten rules, in order to disqualify enough signatures to deny Nader getting on the ballot, despite having way more signatures than needed. And since he was Secretary of State, he was able to get away with doing it.

Here is a brief summary of what happened in 2004:

http://www.counterpunch.org/2004/09/28/how-democrats-kicked-nader-off-the-oregon-ballot/

As I said before, the position of Secretary of State has been partisan and corrupt for a long time.

We need to clean house.
The citizens need to unite and force new restrictions on idiots like these who get into office to push a particular agenda instead of serving the citizens...their time in politics should be limited.
A federal law should be passed that will not allow any particular person to have more than 10 years in politics, regardless of what level it is. I have a big dislike for career politicians. 99% of them are corrupt.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top