JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In a world of endless, uninspired striker-fired plastic pistols, I appreciate S&W for trying something different. SAO, manual safety firearms are still extremely popular (see: 1911). For someone who is well accustomed to a 1911 and maybe even carries one, I could see this CSX having a lot of appeal and utility.

From reddit so take with a grain of salt
SAO
Doesn't take shield plus mags
10 and 12 round mags in the box
Trigger was "okay"
Reset was awful
Not optic cut
Ambi safety and slide release, reversible mag release.
Anodized aluminum frame
Takes M&P back straps
CSX probably means chief's special

I say it looks awesome, probably thin enough for suit carry. Sucks there's no rail or optic cut.
I find it strange to have a trigger safety AND a manual safety

View attachment 1097363

In a world of endless, uninspired striker-fired plastic pistols, I appreciate S&W for trying something different. SAO, manual safety firearms are still extremely popular (see: 1911). For someone who is well accustomed to a 1911 and maybe even carries one, I could see this CSX having a lot of appeal and utility.
I would have preferred that it be DA/SA

When you are making "durable goods" that in many cases will last a good portion of the consumers life you have to engage in something called "marketing". Take a product, make no substantive changes to the mechanics of it, only cosmetic or changes to the dimensions, and Voila!!!! You have a quad cab truck, a cool looking washing machine, or a new model glock, colt, s&w.
Face it, most all firearms use designs and mechanical features that are close to a hundred years old (or older). Only the execution in different materials and finishes have changed. Most all the guns we have were actually designed between about 1850 and 1930 (more or less). The AR & AK being notable successful exceptions. There are others, but most have slipped away, either being too weird (remember the gyrojet??), or victims of under capitalized companies.
The latest and greatest rarely impress me anymore.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top