JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From reddit so take with a grain of salt
SAO
Doesn't take shield plus mags
10 and 12 round mags in the box
Trigger was "okay"
Reset was awful
Not optic cut
Ambi safety and slide release, reversible mag release.
Anodized aluminum frame
Takes M&P back straps
CSX probably means chief's special

I say it looks awesome, probably thin enough for suit carry. Sucks there's no rail or optic cut.
I find it strange to have a trigger safety AND a manual safety

72529262-9A47-4164-84F0-B9F352582FE2.jpeg

All metal huh, that's pretty cool. Looks like some basturd child of a SW M&P and a 1911.

If it is a prototype, then yes, it's probably going to check too many and too few boxes simultaneously. Looks about as boring as any other handgun

If it is a prototype, then yes, it's probably going to check too many and too few boxes simultaneously. Looks about as boring as any other handgun
Boring is fine with me. When manufacturers try to make their products interesting it's usually gimmicky. Rainbow plated slides, hot pink frames, punisher skulls, Trump worship, and Spartan themes all spice up boring enough to attract the "oh shiny!" Crowd.

A wee bit reminiscent of a Star Firestar + back in the day…
View attachment 1097554
Question is why? What unfulfilled niche would this cover? Aren't there already mini 9's that are double stack?
People who don't like striker fired or Da/Sa pistols but like manual safeties. Fudds mostly. I reckon it's just to say relevant in the space. Competition to Kimber's Micro 9?
I'm not saying it solves a problem. Just saying that it's not created in a vacuum. I mean who doesn't want another subcompact 9x19 that's more difficult to shoot than it should be?

Apparently someone else got one too. Someone in shipping logistics is getting a pink slip for New Years'. The literature is an interesting inclusion. Must be pretty close to done to have a Manual already made.
131FCC2C-68C8-4167-93C2-5EB2F8A63D6E.jpeg

Maybe the final version will have a rail.

Bruce

It looks like an evolution of the EZ series which are internal hammers and have much better triggers than most stock guns in this class from my experience. The problem that I see S&W having is that their firearms selection is a bit like the menu from Cheesecake Factory, about 20 pages too long. Different mags, different holsters, etc. I'm all for choices but not at the expense of never being able to find parts and accessories.

People who don't like striker fired or Da/Sa pistols but like manual safeties. Fudds mostly. I reckon it's just to say relevant in the space. Competition to Kimber's Micro 9?
I like striker fired guns, DA/SA guns and single actions guns...and safeties. Does that make me a Fudd cubed? :cool:

I would be called crazy (and a Fudd no doubt) if I duct taped the grip safety on my 1911 and removed the manual safety sporting a 5 pound trigger, but I run into folks all the time that carry SF guns with 3 pounds or less triggers and no form of mechanical safety (i.e. something that stops the gun from going bang if the trigger is pulled or pressed by a foreign object) and they are cool with this. There is an endless supply of videos showing people capping off rounds "accidentally" during USPSA and other matches with guns basically in this configuration, yet some folks chose to carry these, sometimes in manky holsters, 14 hours a day for personal defense, where they may be pointing this gun at a live human, yet somehow, I fall into the Fudd category?

Not directing this at you @BrandonQuixote even though I quoted your post (hey, I just liked one of your other posts :D), but this logic of safeties = bad seriously escapes me. And if someone chooses to carry 3# SF gun in that manner, carry on. I'm a supporter of dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. Where I draw the line is when this "logic" is being pushed on new shooters who plan on concealed carry, then I think it is reckless. (Not implying you or anyone here was doing that as no one did.)

As for competition to Kimber Micros, just making a gun that will cycle will likely beat them. I own and like Kimbers, but their small guns are finicky...cubed.

Happy New Year all, looking forward to another great year of learning from other's perspectives!

It looks like an evolution of the EZ series which are internal hammers and have much better triggers than most stock guns in this class from my experience. The problem that I see S&W having is that their firearms selection is a bit like the menu from Cheesecake Factory, about 20 pages too long. Different mags, different holsters, etc. I'm all for choices but not at the expense of never being able to find parts and accessories.

I like striker fired guns, DA/SA guns and single actions guns...and safeties. Does that make me a Fudd cubed? :cool:

I would be called crazy (and a Fudd no doubt) if I duct taped the grip safety on my 1911 and removed the manual safety sporting a 5 pound trigger, but I run into folks all the time that carry SF guns with 3 pounds or less triggers and no form of mechanical safety (i.e. something that stops the gun from going bang if the trigger is pulled or pressed by a foreign object) and they are cool with this. There is an endless supply of videos showing people capping off rounds "accidentally" during USPSA and other matches with guns basically in this configuration, yet some folks chose to carry these, sometimes in manky holsters, 14 hours a day for personal defense, where they may be pointing this gun at a live human, yet somehow, I fall into the Fudd category?

Not directing this at you @BrandonQuixote even though I quoted your post (hey, I just liked one of your other posts :D), but this logic of safeties = bad seriously escapes me. And if someone chooses to carry 3# SF gun in that manner, carry on. I'm a supporter of dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. Where I draw the line is when this "logic" is being pushed on new shooters who plan on concealed carry, then I think it is reckless. (Not implying you or anyone here was doing that as no one did.)

As for competition to Kimber Micros, just making a gun that will cycle will likely beat them. I own and like Kimbers, but their small guns are finicky...cubed.

Happy New Year all, looking forward to another great year of learning from other's perspectives!
I'm hard to offend. There's a lot of social security recipients that insist a physical safety is absolutely necessary. I find being cognizant of your trigger discipline and your holster's debris status will likely plummet your ND chances, regardless of your guns safety mechanisms. I mean you can be a Fudd if you want. I think insisting on 60 year old gun logics, denying technological and procedural advances is a good sign. Being unwilling to change your opinion in light of new evidence due to a merging of your ego with your opinion (e.g Identity Politics) is the bigger issue.
I point a G17 at my dick most of the time im awake. I train every two weeks though. I under the hesitancy to do so for people. If you tell them manual safeties can be accidentally clicked off, often they'll tell you but nothings there to pull the trigger…which is striker fired in a nut shell. I never even said manual safeties are bad, but putting them on a pedestal as a band-aid for complacency and sloppiness is where I draw the line.

I agree with the micro comment. I had a Custom II that actually ran well, it was the exception to the rule and would absolutely have someone avoid Kimber at all costs.

I forgot to mention- barring horrendous issues, I'd definitely buy one of these CSX's.

Boring gun plus amazing marketing (ooops? Riiight) equals sales. For example, see this thread. Not interested myself, but I would have never heard of CSX otherwise.

I'm hard to offend. There's a lot of social security recipients that insist a physical safety is absolutely necessary. I find being cognizant of your trigger discipline and your holster's debris status will likely plummet your ND chances, regardless of your guns safety mechanisms. I mean you can be a Fudd if you want. I think insisting on 60 year old gun logics, denying technological and procedural advances is a good sign. Being unwilling to change your opinion in light of new evidence due to a merging of your ego with your opinion (e.g Identity Politics) is the bigger issue.
I point a G17 at my dick most of the time im awake. I train every two weeks though. I under the hesitancy to do so for people. If you tell them manual safeties can be accidentally clicked off, often they'll tell you but nothings there to pull the trigger…which is striker fired in a nut shell. I never even said manual safeties are bad, but putting them on a pedestal as a band-aid for complacency and sloppiness is where I draw the line.

I agree with the micro comment. I had a Custom II that actually ran well, it was the exception to the rule and would absolutely have someone avoid Kimber at all costs.

I forgot to mention- barring horrendous issues, I'd definitely buy one of these CSX's.
Thanks for the thoughtful reply and agree with nearly all your points. Perhaps all of them. There is a reason that departments went with heavier trigger pulls on SF guns, to reduce ND's. At the sacrifice of accuracy from the trigger pull. (Back to this in a sec.) Modern studies are bearing out the not surprising fact that light trigger pulls increase the chance of ND's. Many of them come when reholstering and a manual safety applied nearly always prevents this.

I've been at several classes where shooters were using their carry guns with sub 3 pound triggers and no mechanical safety. For a carry gun, between startle response, the fact that shooters not uncommonly touch their triggers to make sure they are still there??? (study out of Germany with SWAT type officers) and even a small amount of clothing near the trigger when reholstering, this is not a good combination for many shooters, especially new shooters or those who do not practice (properly) often. (My usual disclaimer...the folks on this forum typically rise above this level.) Risk is about exposure and these folks are leaving themselves far more exposed than others (even guns without safeties with 6.5 pound triggers).

Most of these people have not had the opportunity to point guns at flesh to understand you need every advantage you can get to obtain the proper outcome (i.e., not shooting people who don't need to be shot). I have done this more than most perhaps and not as frequently as some others on the forum. Most of the time it was with a DA/SA auto and I appreciated the longer, heavier trigger (that was not difficult for me having been a revolver shooter).

What I think few are discussing is that trigger pulls are getting lighter so shooters can shoot better instead of practicing more and mastering a slightly heavier (and thus safer) triggers. This practice can be done dry fire with a cost of $0, other than time. Agree with you 100% than anyone using a manual safety as a crutch for sloppy gun handling more than deserves the title of Fudd (my words, not yours). Agree the CSX is worth a look, I'm an M&P person already...and 1911 of course. Thanks again!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top