JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So after much angst I had to bite the bullet (pun intended) and order some things to get going reloading. I shopped around and found for the particular items I wanted, Midway had the best price. I should also mention that I found the user reviews quite helpful.

I put my cart together and searched around for a coupon code but couldn't find a good one. I called the 800 number and the phone was answered quickly with an accent I could understand. He found me a $20 discount, lowered my shipping and said it would be here on or before the 19th. I laughed and said 'no, it will be here ON the 19th'. I'm happy to say I was wrong. My boxes arrived today with everything I ordered.

Nice job midway :s0155:

I've never had any complaints with Midway. All ways great service and shipping. Sometimes the shipping seems a bit high, but it's always here on or before they say and always seems to be packaged well.

I use Midway frequently. One thing I've learned over the years about them though is they can't seem to forecast when a backordered item will again be available. They have a bad habit of saying, for example, "available April 15" and when April 15 comes around it now reads "available May 15" and so on.

With Midway, when an item shows as "backorders OK" I just move on and go to my other sources. For Gunsmithing parts or supplies it's Brownells. For other stuff it's Natchez Shooter's Supply, Cheaper than Dirt, or any one of the numerous specialty sites. Prices are almost always "competitive" and I'd rather have something when I want it than a "promise" of something in the future.

Midway is cool but I hate it when I spend $$$$$ with no promo code and couple days later they send me code FML... Just last week I spent over $400, and today I received an email with a promo code:huh:

Whenever Im buying junk online I always go to retailmenot.com that website has saved me so much money. Sometimes they have promo codes you would of missed on just from emails.

I have always had outstanding service with Midway they always package well and ship fast I've received packages from them within 2 days. I wish they had a rewards program if they did I would be ordering even more.

I've used them once. I'm hoping that IF I ever have to use them again the outcome will be different. I ordered 2 boxes of ammo (20 rounds each box). The site said that they are in stock. I call and they verify that they are in stock. I place the order. I received 1 small box and the shipping paperwork and label said "box 1 of 2". :confused: The next day I receive a second small box, that said "box 2 of 2". I guess that wasn't too bad until I verified the invoices. Each box of ammo was $32.95. Shipping was $14.95 - FOR EACH BOX! So, I ended up paying almost $100 for 40 rounds! When I called and complained, and explained the situation, I was told that they must have been backordered. I said that they shipped 2 consecutive days AND I had called and was told that they were in stock. No reasonable answer could be given and they wouldn't refund the second charge for shipping.

It will be a while before that bad taste leaves my mouth. There are other places that I have used intentially avoiding Midway.

The real profit is in the shipping charges, not the products, How much is the retail markup, compared to paying a minimum wage worker to stuff your order in a box and slap on a computer
printed label.

Interesting comments on the shipping costs. Last month I ordered a bullet puller, a 2 die set, some LnL case retaining springs, and 500 .40 cal bullets so it was a reasonably heavy package. S&H was only $19.

I've always gotten good service from them, both through their website and on the phone with customer service. The one time I had to call them up, was because I thought I had ordered the wrong type of part, but the lady was able to pull up my order and confirm that I wasn't completely stupid, and had ordered the right one. Their shipping is a bit spendy, but not really much more than anyone else, and I think their stuff gets to my house faster than anyone except Amazon Prime. I don't really like the extra charge for orders under a certain amount (I think it's an extra $4 for orders under $20), but that just means I have to make bigger orders muwahahahahaha!

I'm with the guy that jumps out of perfectly good airplanes. Midway was my "go-to" source early in Potterfield's venture, and he and I are contemporaries in not only chronological age, but early professions: Air Force missle field. When he started, he offered all his prices as "delivered". No shipping charges to calculate. He also offered a VERY good promo in that if you spent a hundred dollars on an order, you got your choice of very good books (firearm disassembly, etc.) free. I built a great library on this promo that I use to this day. Understandably, he had to start actually charging to ship stuff. He still has "promos", but not nearly as beneficial as the original, and now with shipping, you have to shop his stuff to come out ahead. Currently, he's slipping a bit on inventory, and I find very regularly, the "weird stuff" I want is on backorder. I go elsewhere. I buy nothing from him I can get at Bi-Mart at about a 15% savings (generic bullets, etc.), but I still go to Larry for a helluva lot of stuff. Brownell's is a good old firm that I deal with regularly as well, and their catalog is not only a list of what they have, but a wealth of reloading and gunsmithing information. Natchez Shooters Supply has also been a great standby from the start. Larry's lost a lot of my business to them. Check 'em out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top