JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You will be serving civil cases. The Sheriff's dept. serves criminal. In fact, in any civil matter, the person needing your services can choose the company which serves, or can choose the Sheriff's dept. to do it.

Most processes are prepared by an attorney or signed by a judge or both. That would for instance be a restraining order which is civil, not criminal. Most people who file for a restraining order and have a judge sign it are smart enough to have the Sheriff's dept. serve it. For one thing, they have to take a CHL from the person being served if the person has one, and they know before they get there that the person has it. That's not a job for you.

If your boss thinks the service will be dangerous or over the company's head, he should refuse the job and refer it to the Sheriff's office.

I have posted here several times that about 1 1/2 years ago I was served with 3, get it 3 of them, close together but different. I hasten to add that I beat every one of them in court and filed lawsuits against the perps and some local officials, but I digress. My record is clean and I got my CHL back after my attorney scared the powers that be.

That's how I know they take your CHL at the time of service, LOL.

So, you should be serving notices of suits filed for non payment of debt, notice of foreclosure proceedings, notices of child support and custody hearings, notices of lawsuits filed or answered, and so on.

Most of the people will be mad at the other party and you may hear some rants, but they won't likely be blaming you. I was incredibly polite when I was served. My problem wasn't with the deputies who were just doing their job, and I wanted them to maintain a high opinion of me.

Some people may get angry and throw the papers down and cuss and stomp around some, but it's not likely aimed at you. I can't recall a process server being attacked or hurt and I think it would be in the news if it had happened.

A restraining order yes, anytime your served no. Before you go spewing bad information you may want to make your posts clear. And i'll see your pic and raise you one:

You might just try actually reading my post where I'm talking about a restraining order, it probably being served by the sheriff's dept because they take your CHL and maybe even your guns. At the least they take the CHL and order you to get rid of your guns.

Even though a restraining order is civil, private process servers usually don't like the job of taking someone's CC piece and CHL on the spot. That's a job for deputies and usually more than one.

You say were served 3 times on a conversation discussing service of papers;
"I have posted here several times that about 1 1/2 years ago I was served with 3, get it 3 of them, close together but different. I hasten to add that I beat every one of them in court and filed lawsuits against the perps and some local officials, but I digress. My record is clean and I got my CHL back after my attorney scared the powers that be."

But nice to know 3 restraining orders, ouch.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top