JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So the big disappointment today was the operation on my new 9mm AR.

It has a PSA Colt SMG lower and a side charging upper from Matrix.

What I suspect is the ejection port is timed to work with Glock style lowers. Using the Colt style lower it throws the brass in such a way that it fails to exit the chamber and fouls the next round.

I tried it with two different bolts, one ran better than the other (which is to say worked 70% of the time instead of jamming every round)

I have a Glock lower and will test the theory some day soon but in the mean time I thought I would post to see if anyone else had a similar issue or any ideas.

Couple pics of the brass and the side charger upper next to a PSA slab side factory 9mm upper

IMG_0399.JPG IMG_0400.JPG

I would agree it's a timing issue. Strange I always thought the lower differences were purely magazine style.

I was disappointed, I really like the combo of the side charger and Colt style lower.

I have a Glock lower gun with a slab side upper that runs great and I also have a 80% lower with a mag block which runs the SMG mags that runs great.

I'll get it worked though but it was discouraging to have something I was really excited about flop so spectacularly :(

^^^Yeah man, I get that. Keep us posted on the testing. I'd love a reliable side charging 9mm AR.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top