JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took my Sigma shooting last Saturday, and I'm having an issue with it.

As I was firing it, the steps kinda went like this.

1. Insert magazine
2. Release slide
3. Fire round
4. Round ejects
5. Round feeds
6. Pull trigger, no tension on it...as if the slide was never racked.

I can re-rack it by hand, and it will fire again...but then the same thing happens.

Ideas?

Well, no I hadn't used it before. Just some I picked up at Sportsmans.

The boxed brand was Independence, but inside all the rounds just said Blazer on them, so I don't know if its just Blazer reboxed.

I should've tried the handful of hollowpoints I had there...I'll have to try a different brand next time I'm at the range.

Is this ammo you have used before? Sounds like it isnt quite powerful enough to fully actuate the slide.

Deadeye...I think you are on the right track ...I bought some Independence ammo on line...from Ammunition to Go...it was cheap/available last year, but its a bunch of light factory reloads in mixed cases...was very disappointed in the bang factor, so I chrono'ed them and they are only moving about 900 to 930 fps...:s0129: that's kinda slow...!
I did shoot them thru my (test gun) sigma 40 and had a few misfires too...:confused:
I guess they were a good investment for the brass...good luck RallyJR

Any indents on the primers of the round that is fed but not fired? Wondering if maybe the striker is releasing during the feeding cycle. I had a Glock 19 go full auto on me because the shock of the slide feeding then locking would trip the sear as long as the trigger was held back. If the striker is not locking into place or being tripped by the impact of the slide at the rearmost part of the cycle, then it would be riding forward with the slide and may make an indentation on the primer of the round. I dont have a Glock or Sigma striker fired type pistol so I can't check when the striker becomes cocked in the firing cycle but I don't think it takes much slide movement to recock the striker as I used to dry fire this way a lot. The fact that it goes back far enough to extract, eject, and feed the new round makes me think the striker is not locking. I've owned 8 Glocks and a Sigma in the past and it just doesn't sound like weak ammo to me.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top