JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

16k Primers or 1oz gold?

• 1oz of gold

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • 16k primers

Votes: 24 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
I see many comparisons of the price of ammo and primers to that of gold.
Try to put Bias aside. Primers could be more difficult to find now and for some time vs gold. Eventually primer supply should normalize.

On 1.11.21, Gold spot price = $1,850.91
If primers cost on secondary market at $100 - $125 per 1k = 15k - 18k primers per 1oz of gold. Call it 16k.

Would you rather have
1oz of gold
Or
16k primers

Last Edited:
Forecasting the future can be a very difficult thing to do.

I can more readily use primers than I can gold so there's that. I can see primers coming back down to 1/2 of what they are now. Will the price of gold drop in half?

Forecasting the future can be a very difficult thing to do.

I can more readily use primers than I can gold so there's that. I can see primers coming back down to 1/2 of what they are now. Will the price of gold drop in half?
Anything is possible. Gold's last correction of 45% was peak in 2011 at about $1,900 (about where it is now) down to about $1050 in 2015.

Last Edited:
I'll take the primers. I can buy an ounce of gold at dozens of locations including one within a couple miles of my house.
Can anyone say that about primers?
Besides, I have a better use for the primers than I do for gold these days

hmm. 16k of "what" primers? Small pistol/rifle? Large pistol magnum? Large RIFLE magnum...? CCI #35, only useful to .50 BMG boyz? Shotgun primers? The specifics could easily wreck that ship or be an Ark. I'm quite sure I can carry an ounce of gold anywhere in the world on my person easily but I don't think I could spend it very many places, at least not like paper money so is it really that useful? Hmmmm, chalk me up for team gold on this one.

At the risk of sounding like a perpetual Doomer. There isn't enough being thrown into this extrapolation. You need to be thinking about what you might be left with in the next second if something catastrophic happened.

Which means, in the argument of Gold v. Primers, the answer is primers. How are you going to value and disseminate an ounce of gold if the SHTF? What's the proper sliver of gold for a loaf of bread? Honestly, the problem with gold today is that people can only think of gold in an equivalent commodity. Which, presently, is USD. Even better? You're hoping that there will be a post-SHTF market, for gold, to be worth an equivalent of $1,862 an ounce.

In today's market, land is worth more than gold. Post-SHTF, that means land > primers > gold. Why? Versatility. You can create other commodities with land -- namely food. You can create a defense with primers (assuming you have all of the other commodities and skills -- otherwise, treat it as money).

As for gold? The seller of the commodity gets to decide if you have enough or not.

At the risk of sounding like a perpetual Doomer. There isn't enough being thrown into this extrapolation. You need to be thinking about what you might be left with in the next second if something catastrophic happened.

Which means, in the argument of Gold v. Primers, the answer is primers. How are you going to value and disseminate an ounce of gold if the SHTF? What's the proper sliver of gold for a loaf of bread? Honestly, the problem with gold today is that people can only think of gold in an equivalent commodity. Which, presently, is USD. Even better? You're hoping that there will be a post-SHTF market, for gold, to be worth an equivalent of $1,862 an ounce.

In today's market, land is worth more than gold. Post-SHTF, that means land > primers > gold. Why? Versatility. You can create other commodities with land -- namely food. You can create a defense with primers (assuming you have all of the other commodities and skills -- otherwise, treat it as money).

As for gold? The seller of the commodity gets to decide if you have enough or not.

Land is definitely worth more than gold, that is until certain ideological forces complete their takeover of governments and declare an end to private property ownership and outlaw the possession of gold, and TAKE that land and gold from you... then you'll wish you had those primers.

Gold > Land > Primers.... it's a vicious circle. o_O

The question left is a warshak test for you to tell me what you see is of more value

hmm. 16k of "what" primers? Small pistol/rifle? Large pistol magnum? Large RIFLE magnum...? CCI #35, only useful to .50 BMG boyz? Shotgun primers? The specifics could easily wreck that ship or be an Ark. I'm quite sure I can carry an ounce of gold anywhere in the world on my person easily but I don't think I could spend it very many places, at least not like paper money so is it really that useful? Hmmmm, chalk me up for team gold on this one.
You can pick what is of more value. We do not all reload the same components.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top