JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went by the LDS Home Storage in Kent, WA and found the people there extremely friendly and helpful. I was a little apprehensive since I am not of the Mormon faith, but the workers attitude put me at ease quickly. Their bulk prices are amazing and they will put you on track to can (with tin cans) food that isn't sold already in the #10 cans, like sugar. If that isn't your cup of tea, you can buy in bulk or prepared cans. Can't say enough about how cheap and really nice it was! I know I don't have to remind everyone, but it is a faith based organization and you really need to remember that you are a guest there.

Please explain more on that if you could. The Ebay 'reseller/drop shipper' price seems to be a lot less and I received the product as agreed.

I know about going to the source directly, I do that when I find things on Amazon.

Please explain more on that if you could. The Ebay 'reseller/drop shipper' price seems to be a lot less and I received the product as agreed.

I know about going to the source directly, I do that when I find things on Amazon.

I simply do not know if you are messing around or just did not do the math: Ebay link (your link) is $77.63 with free shipping - Factory link is $60.09 with constant and always shipping for $4.99 making it a total price of only $65.08.....

That means that you just paid a drop shipper: $12.55 just to order the product for you. The ebayer NEVER has the item; they simply take your money, purchase the item from the factory direct and the factory mails out the product to you. The ebayer simply sells an item which they NEVER own, NEVER have on hand and ALWAYS order with YOUR money and keep the rest as profit.

It has been well known tactic for years, but it guess it has slipped by a few of us?

NOTE: For future reverence, Honeyville Farms does have an account on Amazon. If you are looking at an item which is out of stock on their web-site, you can always find it on Amazon and they will take the order and back fill it there first before updating their own website (first hand experience in getting the Peanut Butter)

NOTE 2.0: There is a 20% sale right now so that price is even less...

In referring back the original post, I am taking it the person wanted suggested foods, with ease of rotation / shelf life.

I saw a lot of great posts here, but as always have something to add.

WHen it comes to rice I have plenty, I personally prefer to do the extra work and put them in individual mylar pouches of either a hefty meal for one or fro two with an O2 absorber, I do with most things. But here something not mentioned Buillion cubes to go with the rice, add flavor to home make soup or for making ahot drink.

Next i like buy some things made for variety, such as rice side can be eaten a lone or with a meal, flavored oatmeal packed in mylar pouches of of two or three.

Plus things like canned hams Walgreens has the 12 oz canned hams on sale from time to time@ $2.50 and I have tried and like them they are low in sodium, then there other canned goods that can be eaten out of the they most us eat often or at least a few times a year like pork n beans, ham spread, chicken spread, canned soups, etc.. etc.. I have eaten these all right out of the can at one time or another. They can all be bought at the local grocer, put on the shelf an rotated, these items will easily extend your the amount of days you have of stored food, add variety and if necessary used for trade with other if they have something you need.

Just my opinion here

People there is more than rice an beans! Learn to can that is one of the best skills for any prepper canning and use tattler lids. Pressure can some darn chicken and venison and eat like kings.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top