JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I am working on finishing lists, plans, etc. for the new year. Naturally, preparation plans and projects are on there.

Do you have any preparedness plans for 2018? Any neat projects that will help with your preparedness progress? Any new equipment soon to be acquired? Any new books that you are planning to read?

Thanks. :)

I think 2018 has the potential to be the greatest year of the last 25 years. I see hope out there so I am cutting back on preps and spending more on fun. However toys will allways be a part of life while I live.

I just joined a Gun Club, so I plan to get out and shoot more often. They have covered bays and pits for rifles, shotguns and pistols.

I really hope to participate in an Appleseed event, and possibly a CMP event.
Trying to talk the wife and daughter into participating in the FREE ladies pistol course.

I also will be re-organizing what I have with some new shelves.

Finally, I plan to continue taking advantage of the LOW ammo prices for as long as they hold out.

get off my posterior
get organized
take inventory
buy fewer guns
buy more ammo
buy more optics and other accessories
buy other needful things
work on the property (cut/stack wood, etc.)
cleanup and organize the shop

Save more money
Buy more ammo
Shoot more (esp with the wife)
Buy better quality stuff
Sell unused/not needed stuff
Exercise more
Organize the preps I have

(Edit - I just looked at The Heretic's above post and essentially copied his with different words....lol.....sorry)

Continuing with last year's focus on comms. I just took advantage of year end sales and purchased a Kenwood TS-480SAT and a TM-D710G to cover LF-UHF mobile communications. Also got a Chameleon MPAS antenna w/ mil extension for the HF. I'll be using these in my home office for a while to get familiarized for a bit before I mount them in the truck. They will also do "base station" duty until I get a dedicated setup. I'll also continue to practice my comms skills by continuing to participate in comms support for ultramarathon events.

This year's focus is on health and first aid. Health means healthier eating by making almost everything I eat from scratch so I can control what does and does not go into my body. Getting my teeth pulled last week is also part of the health agenda as is continuing to lose weight. Over the last few years I've dropped a full ten inches off my waist by making a few simple changes. This spring I'll also focus heavily on first aid classes and put together better home, vehicle, and man portable kits.

Another big move (literally) is leaving the People's Republik of Oregon and it's encroaching tyranny behind for Idaho. There is a possibility we may need to stay here one more year to take advantage of medical treatment for Mrs 3M, but we are gone at the earliest opportunity. That move comes with the land and resources to become far more self reliant than I can be in our current HOA infested gentrified suburbs. I could do that here in a rural area, but its only a matter of time before Brownstain's Brownshirts come a knocking.

Last Edited:
With the feds backing off a bit...

Try to get my HF ticket; then a mobile HF rig.

Pay the lawyer......:oops: we're gonna part with some money to get our legal affairs in order. We want an easy handover of our belongings; to our daughters when we "go". Modify the deeds, get a trust of some sort, and whatever else needs to be done.

Gonna try to set a factory long block in the old Chevy.

Maybe put a fence around the family cemetery; before someone moves in..:D

I am going to convert my cargo trailer into a "stealth" camper. It seams like a fun project now that I have time and the cargo trailer is just sitting not getting any use.

Here is a Youtube of one a guy did that I plan on using as a guide:

Better optics.

More time looking through them.

Building more relationships.

Bettering those I already have.

And improving the insulation on my well house so I'm not so reliant on the milk house heater :)

Have a couple of hardware purchases on the list this year. Smaller CC for me and a rifle of some sort (we'll see what kind of deals arise). Continue work on BOV. Take a tactical shooting class this spring. Continue with grad degree so that I can make more money. Pay off debt. Should have one car paid off by April and the other by Christmas, if not earlier. Then we will only have the mortgage, no other debt. That will allow for a lot more money for savings/investments.

Have come to the Organized Point of
1) having some bags to Put Stuff In;
2) most of those can be carried with straps/etc;
3) have some Good Stuff to put in Bags;

Now musing over whether the "separate assignments" inventory or the "mixed Good Stuff" in each.

Just my personal 'meds bag' alone is enough to cripple most draft animals; so in a way, without Certain Things, the rest of it will not matter as much before long, if anyone gets my drift....

.....yes, I'm beginning to see clarification on why "Cringe in place" is such a popular response in the news/LEO stories of the recent past.

Continuing with last year's focus on comms. I just took advantage of year end sales and purchased a Kenwood TS-480SAT and a TM-D710G to cover LF-UHF mobile communications. Also got a Chameleon MPAS antenna w/ mil extension for the HF. I'll be using these in my home office for a while to get familiarized for a bit before I mount them in the truck. They will also do "base station" duty until I get a dedicated setup. I'll also continue to practice my comms skills by continuing to participate in comms support for ultramarathon events.

This year's focus is on health and first aid. Health means healthier eating by making almost everything I eat from scratch so I can control what does and does not go into my body. Getting my teeth pulled last week is also part of the health agenda as is continuing to lose weight. Over the last few years I've dropped a full ten inches off my waist by making a few simple changes. This spring I'll also focus heavily on first aid classes and put together better home, vehicle, and man portable kits.

Another big move (literally) is leaving the People's Republik of Oregon and it's encroaching tyranny behind for Idaho. There is a possibility we may need to stay here one more year to take advantage of medical treatment for Mrs 3M, but we are gone at the earliest opportunity. That move comes with the land and resources to become far more self reliant than I can be in our current HOA infested gentrified suburbs. I could do that here in a rural area, but its only a matter of time before Brownstain's Brownshirts come a knocking.
Idaho is getting full of libtard Californians. You know how libtard Californians vote!

I travel a lot and also work out of state for up to a few weeks at a time. Working to improve my out of state kit (I have a place to keep items there, family home) and what to take while I'm flying around the country, much more difficult. Much improved this year but still have a long way to go.

At home, improving food stores and working toward some off grid power sources.

For me: Trying to get my gas mask situation straightened out. I figure I've got till Feb till things start getting testy @ March with Kim and krew. Just procrastinating. Same with bolting the house down to the (brick) foundation. So much crap in the way, just need to get motivated.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top