JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to get started in Practical Shooting and had thought that I'd like to use my S&W TRR8 {8 rounds / .357 revolver} since I'm most comfortable with that and it uses moon clips. On asking around, I was told that the rules allow only 6 rounds in a revolver. Looks like I might get to buy a new gun...

I'd like to hear which wheel gun an experienced practical revolver shooter recommends.

Well--if you are refering to USPSA Practical Shooting, you were told wrong. USPSA revolver division
rules state that you can only fire 6 shots before a reload. Gun can hold more---but you can only shoot 6.

You CAN shoot it and fire all 8 in USPSA Production or Limited 10 divisions---heck, you could even shoot
Limited or Open if you wanted.

The other game you could look into is ICORE---the 8 shot revolvers are the hot ticket there. Don't know if
there is any in your area though.

Best revolver for Practical Pistol? S&W 625. 5" unless you also want to shoot IDPA---they only allow
a max barrel length of 4".

This division, that division... I've got a lot to learn other than shooting :)

From what I see in youtube videos, the 625 is very popular in USPSA Practical Shooting. I like it's looks too.

Today I went to watch the practical shooting at Rattlesnake. One RSO told me he thinks "we" have 2 guys using revolvers. I saw quite a few auto loaders with magazine funnels, a few extra fancy looking guns, and WAY TOO MANY guns that jammed while shooting. :rolleyes:

I'm even more set on using a revolver after today.
Anyone want to trade their 625 JM for chainsaw carvings? :)

I have now ordered {paid the deposit} a 625 JM. :D Excluding powder, everything needed to load .45 acp rounds is sitting at my bench. Any input on the rest of necessary items would be appreciated.

Seeking comments on:
Powder - Clays seems to be a popular choice...
Moonclips - Is there anything I should specifically avoid? Sportsman's Guide has the best price.
Moon clip holder or server?
Belt - What do I need?
Holster - I prefer leather. Galco, Mernickle... Any reason/problem with using these?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top