JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just moved to Auburn, WA, about 3 weeks ago and just had our first power outage. Quite a bummer because I don't have all my stuff yet, most of them are still in my California home and one critical thing I didn't have with me, is D cell batteries which are required to start the fireplace when the power is out. :(

Also, as we're still settling in, I didn't have time yet to install battery backups for important things such as internet connection (I work from home) and garage door opener. Also found out the tankless water heater won't work without power either.

Thankfully the outage was short lived, about an hour and half or so and I was able to to continue working using the battery on my laptop and a backup mobile WiFi hotspot device.

Anyway, want to check with members here if anyone has Tesla Powerwall and solar panels installed at home and will the setup get enough electrical power to keep the Powerwall charged up? Or am I better off installing the Powerwall without the solar panels and simply use the grid to keep in charged up instead? I'm more interested in having power backup than saving cost.

I also considered a standby generator such as those from Generac, and they seems pretty economical since my property is connected to the city gas supply too. It is noisy though and seems to require more maintenance compared to a Powerwall. But if you have one of these standby generators I'll love to hear from you as well.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top