JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The wife would like to stay at the Mcmenamins Elk Temple in Tacoma. I would like to drive my Willys Jeep its got a hard top and can be locked up as well as any vehicle. That said as it would be either on the street or paid lot parking. I am asking if anyone of my NWFA friends might know the area and be able to give a threat assessment to leaving what is basically a fancy Street rod parked on the street in the area on a Fri and Sat night. I have scoped out the area via Google but its impossible to really know if this is a bad place at night or not.

This would be the jeep (the hard top is not shown)

hUzDxYg.jpg

The wife would like to stay at the Mcmenamins Elk Temple in Tacoma. I would like to drive my Willys Jeep its got a hard top and can be locked up as well as any vehicle. That said as it would be either on the street or paid lot parking. I am asking if anyone of my NWFA friends might know the area and be able to give a threat assessment to leaving what is basically a fancy Street rod parked on the street in the area on a Fri and Sat night. I have scoped out the area via Google but its impossible to really know if this is a bad place at night or not.

This would be the jeep (the hard top is not shown)

View attachment 1367073
Do you have it insured? How much risk are you wishing to take here? The place you are looking at is not the worst part of the city but its up there with places I would not want to be after dark. Sadly crime is no longer something Police will do much about here because they have been told not to. The normal precaution, don't leave anything in sight so they may not break a window to get at it. If it was me and I had a vehicle like that? I would rent a car for this trip. Pay the extra insurance and if you come back to the car and find it gone or damaged, not your problem. That Jeep looks like a lot of time and love went into making it look like it does. If you find some local scum has gone after it with a rock just for kicks it would be sad. Doubly sad as even if the scum is caught the authorities will do nothing.

Yep thats my worry. No need to rent a car we would just take the wifes. I won't say they couldn't break a window but with them being 1/4" Lexan its sure not going to be easy as its 50 times harder to break then glass. Granted the windshield is at risk. And yes its insured. But how do you insure having this jeep as part of my life for 60+ years.

I appreciate your thoughts

Yep thats my worry. No need to rent a car we would just take the wifes. I won't say they couldn't break a window but with them being 1/4" Lexan its sure not going to be easy as its 50 times harder to break then glass. Granted the windshield is at risk. And yes its insured. But how do you insure having this jeep as part of my life for 60+ years.

I appreciate your thoughts
Looking at the thing that was the thought on my part. It looks like something someone spent a LOT of time on. One common "game" played here now is scum will walk up and break out windows. Do not enter or steal. Just smash windows and walk away. If caught nothing is done. Getting so bad the places that replace glass get booked up for a while. Since your vehicle kind of "stands out" some dope head scum may think it fun to go at it. Chances are real good nothing would happen but, something like that looks like it would be extra bummer to come back and see damaged.

Yea I have 10.5 years in the building of the jeep and will have just over a year in the Hard top. I don't think I am going to risk it in the city over night. Out in the woods etc. I can always bury the evidence in the city much harder to many questions.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top