JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a trigger/Bisley hammer kit in my Blackhawk and love it. I did have to experiment with the springs going from lightest to heaviest. I settled on the factory weight spring and the trigger pull feels lighter and breaks easier than factory. Plus I love the Bisley hammer look on my Blackhawk :)

Thanks! I was actually just playing with mine last night, and the trigger is actually pretty smooth with zero slack. I think that I might try a lighter trigger spring first and see how I like it.

Wasn't hard for me. Everything dropped right into place. If you are not comfortable disassembling your gun, I'd recommend a gunsmith for the job to avoid headaches later. Youtube can be helpful too to get an idea of how to do it.

Thanks for the information. I'm not too worried, I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't have to grind on the stock stuff.

I did my 2 Vaqueros and it was a breeze. Funny,you look at all those parts and "oh man,will this go back together? "
But Ruger has videos on you tube to disassemble and assemble the guns
* Isn't it funny that the gun manufacturers think we're pretty bright and any other manufacturer would scream if you took their product apart to work on it*
Then when you start putting back together,it kinda can only go one way.

But the whole kit helps better than just a lighter trigger spring.They're only $25? I believe
Oh the results are pretty nice.My friends really like the actions on those two pistols

Good luck

You guys talking about the same kit? I'm seeing $200 for the trigger kit and modified transfer bar...

Probably not the same kit. But I would try the spring kits for $20 some first.
You are looking at a kit to remove the transfer bar?

Either way it shouldn't be any problem to install yourself.

I've been looking at this guy:
Power Custom Hammer Trigger Kit Wolff Spring Kit Ruger Single Action

It replaces the hammer and trigger. The replacement hammer is wider and has a lower profile. The trigger is supposed to have little, if any, creep. The kit also allows for proper indexing and three clicks when you cock the hammer. The modified transfer bar makes the half-cock work and also allows for reverse indexing.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews