JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey All:

I just got back from LV where I attended the SHOT Show (been doing that for many years). While there I got lucky and picked up a new-old Marlin 336C in 35 Remington, pre-Remington, circa 1992, in new un-fired condition. Pristine.

Question 1: What would be your powder recommendations for reloading this cartridge, out of the 20 inch barrel and pushing the Hornady 200 grain FTX bullet, ignited by Federal #210 large rifle primers? I am looking for a clean burning and well metering powder that is AVAILABLE NOW for purchase.

Question 2: If the Troubles happen and I cannot find the proper 35 Rem bullets, could I use instead 158 grain copper jacketed (small) flat point bullets, diameter = 0.357 inch? I got a bunch of them for 357 loading, source = X-Treme Bullets, UPC: 819304313217.

Question 3: Anyone want to share some known-effective recipes?

Thanks.

So I have just loaded up for my Remington Model 8, circa 1905 some 200gr sierra bullets over top of hodgen lever revolution powder, and I just used their specs of their website, quotes above.

I was able to get everything from sportsmans warehouse.. and then if you are looking for some more brass since it very hard to find.... Grumpa from Cast Boolits was wonderful to work with, send him a PM and then he will give you the price on brass and you send him a USPS money order and he will send the brass a few days later.. I ordered 100pc from him and was very happy with the purchase.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?238582-35-Remington-Brass-from-308-1x-fired-Mil-brass

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top