JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is anyone familiar with sighting-in a Russian POSP scope. I do have an owner's manual, but the English is entirely nonsensical. From my understanding it isn't quite as simple as turning the elevation and windage turrets to dial it in, because there are two mechanisms on each turret.

Any help with figuring this out is appreciated.

Zeroing the POSP Scope
Get Your Aim Straight
Zeroing a scope is the process where you reset the dials to reflect reality. There's loads of information available elsewhere on how to sight in a scope, so we'll give you just the summary.
Take 3 shots from a heavily supported position.
Adjust windage and elevation 1 click at a time until your group lands exactly where you aim the main chevron.
Start out by sighting the rifle in at 50 yards, then move to 100 yards and repeat.
When you can shoot consistent 100 yard groups that land where the main chevron is pointing you are done with this step.

Adjust Your Dials
Use a small screwdriver to loosen the two silver screws on both dials (don't touch the black center screw!). This will allow you to move the silver part of the dial without moving the reticle. Move the silver part of the dial to "1" for elevation and to "0" for windage. Then tighten the 2 silver screws again. Your scope is now zeroed!

Zeroing the POSP Scope
Get Your Aim Straight
Zeroing a scope is the process where you reset the dials to reflect reality. There's loads of information available elsewhere on how to sight in a scope, so we'll give you just the summary.
Take 3 shots from a heavily supported position.
Adjust windage and elevation 1 click at a time until your group lands exactly where you aim the main chevron.
Start out by sighting the rifle in at 50 yards, then move to 100 yards and repeat.
When you can shoot consistent 100 yard groups that land where the main chevron is pointing you are done with this step.

Adjust Your Dials
Use a small screwdriver to loosen the two silver screws on both dials (don't touch the black center screw!). This will allow you to move the silver part of the dial without moving the reticle. Move the silver part of the dial to "1" for elevation and to "0" for windage. Then tighten the 2 silver screws again. Your scope is now zeroed!

I tried turning dials, but it wasn't adjusting the shot. I'm guessing the screws need loosening first?

You do not need to loosen the screws to zero the scope, they are for setting the bullet drop compensator dial and windage dial after zero is set. You should be able to set zero the same as any scope. Then you loosen the screws and set the silver dials to the recommended marks so you have a reference point for adjusting windage and range and then back to the original points.

Last Edited:
You do not need to loosen the screws to zero the scope, they are for setting the bullet drop compensator dial and windage dial after zero is set. You should be able to set zero the same as any scope. Then you loosen the screws and set the silver dials to the recommended marks so you have a reference point for adjusting windage and range and then back to the original points.

In my case I could only move the windage turret a total of 10 clicks or something.

In my case I could only move the windage turret a total of 10 clicks or something.
I would guess that a previous owner could have ran the adjustment towards the stop by adjusting the windage and windage compensator improperly. If that's the case try loosening the silver screws and then see if you can get any more adjustment from the outer dial.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top