JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can use Blue if you want the screws to be secure ... BUT ... at some future point in time you can remove the scope with no big effort. Allen head type scope ring screws are the best way to go.

Consider the fun dinky hobby type torque wrench for dinky stuff. You can access and down load torque charts for the various sized dinky screws. The nice wrenches are kinda $spendy$ for a reason.

The fun thing we did was to try to get the rings and bases close enough bore aligning the rings sosss the scope was nearly perfect with the scope adjustment screws nearly centered .... before sighting in.

Sometimes we succeeded. Sometimes not. Always fun.

A very little bit of blue Loctite on the base screws only. Never on the ring screws. The bases will likely stay with the rifle and never be removed, the scope might get changed, swapped for another, or updated. The rings if they are aluminum cheap variety generally will be unserviceable when used with any Loctite after one or two times being removed.

Torque your rings properly as others have stated and you won't have a problem with a shifting zero.

A very little bit of blue Loctite on the base screws only. Never on the ring screws. The bases will likely stay with the rifle and never be removed, the scope might get changed, swapped for another, or updated. The rings if they are aluminum cheap variety generally will be unserviceable when used with any Loctite after one or two times being removed.

Torque your rings properly as others have stated and you won't have a problem with a shifting zero.

You are right on...
You can do it right, or you can do it twice!
Good description...

I do not use locktite on bases or rings. I have found if you use quality bases and rings and align them properly(which may require lapping) they will not come loose if originally torqued properly. Always an exception I suppose but this has been my experience.

ive done blue locktite after the fact before. take one bolt out at a time and locktite it. install it. take another one out. repeat. never had to rezero. maybe its because im a boss.
Beat me to it... Just one at a time and you won't have to re-zero again. Although, I'm not exactly sure why one wouldn't use blue loctite at the moment of leveling the scope on the action, even before zeroing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top