JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm driving from pdx to bend this afternoon via hwy 20. I was considering doing some shooting along the way. Is there a good outdoor spot that is not covered with snow and not too far off Hwy 20 that someone would be willing to share?

Any good public ranges in/around Bend?

just outside redmond headed towards sisters on Mckenzi hwy, there is a pit we like to go to. Its secluded, has a mound to setup targets on and is against a hill. we love it. Its off Bar Rd. its gravel once you turn off the highway but not bad. there are 2 gates once you get past the ORV area. the first gate is locked now so we drive past it to the 2nd gate. its closed sometimes but never locked. just open it and weave your way through to get to the pit.

bar rd 4.jpg bar rd 2.jpg bar rd 1.jpg

just outside redmond headed towards sisters on Mckenzi hwy, there is a pit we like to go to. Its secluded, has a mound to setup targets on and is against a hill. we love it. Its off Bar Rd. its gravel once you turn off the highway but not bad. there are 2 gates once you get past the ORV area. the first gate is locked now so we drive past it to the 2nd gate. its closed sometimes but never locked. just open it and weave your way through to get to the pit.

View attachment 420428 View attachment 420429 View attachment 420430
This worked out great! Thanks for the information!

Did you find it? What did you think?
Great spot. I went past the ORV lot, past the first locked gate, and came to a green gate. Opened that gate and followed a dirt road to the top of the gravel pit. From there I hiked down into the pit. Great spot. I have a Glock 19 that I just put a green CT laser on. Worked great in the daylight.

Great spot. I went past the ORV lot, past the first locked gate, and came to a green gate. Opened that gate and followed a dirt road to the top of the gravel pit. From there I hiked down into the pit. Great spot. I have a Glock 19 that I just put a green CT laser on. Worked great in the daylight.

Im glad you found it. Its a good ways off the hwy but still easy to get to. We always drive in. Never tried from the top. The ariel pic is deceiving and cant see all the hills lol. Its nice and tucked into the hill.

I'm driving from pdx to bend this afternoon via hwy 20. I was considering doing some shooting along the way. Is there a good outdoor spot that is not covered with snow and not too far off Hwy 20 that someone would be willing to share?

Any good public ranges in/around Bend?
zimmerman butte right before sisters

incase u wanna go on the way back

View attachment 420428 View attachment 420429 View attachment 420430
i know where this is!

We stay at eagle crest a couple times a year and this is 10 min away. Ill have to check out the spot you mentioned this summer, and grab a drink at rio before heading back to the condo.
zimmerman butte is west of sisters, a few min past tollgate rd. when the passing lane ends on the north side of the highway. its off of natl forest rd 500

9328FCEA-3347-4F75-B306-C53BBEF516B8.png
E529239C-3340-4FE8-8232-7FCE4ED9AF33.png

Got to be careful at that gravel pit. I have been out there a few times, and there are idiots shooting across trails and with no backstop. Some fun trails, but I don't frequent the place because of shooters.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top