JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
someone posted recently about the phases we go through. I guess I'm in an old military rifle phase. Browsing the pdx gun show today, lo and behold, my eye caught sight of a Hakim nestled in on a table of woody milsurp heaven lol. And right next to the Hakim was a Rasheed. Hakim shoots 8mm mauser and the Rasheed 7.62x39. I had a Hakim once long ago, paid $100 or so for it. Today - $600. They are not that common. The Rasheed is $650, even rarer as only like 7,000 were imported. Both are Egyptian rifles. The Hakim a Swede design. The Rasheed a shrunken knock off of the Hakim - I guess more like an Egyptian version of an SKS. Anyway - walk down memory lane. If I had enough money guess I'd be collecting these things.

Both seem a bit high in today's market. $500 is probably the top end for what I would consider reasonable. Did the Rashid have a magazine? Those puppies can get expensive if you had to buy one separately. The relative lack of spare parts has kept me from the Rashids so far, but they certainly do have a coolness factor to them, don't they:) ?

I'm going through an AK phase myself.

Keith

Yes!! he had mags for both the Hakim and Rashid. The Rashid looked like a arab SKS LOL bayonet and everything. $650 is pretty steep.

It is very similar. I think that the bayos are interchangeable, but a Russian one might be a bit tight on the barrel. I guarantee that the average range-goer would have no clue what it is. "What kind of funny-looking SKS do you have?";)

I've actually been considering buying and de-neutering an Egyptian Maadi RPK soon, but I've got a few more rifles to get first.

Keith

I have a Hakim i've been thinking about selling.

I paid $550 for it and will sell it for the same price. Added brand new Ljungman buttplate and rear swivel and 4 screws. Gas valve dismantled, cleaned and put together.

Let me know if you're interested and want pics. One of these days i'll get around to posting it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top