JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
since no one has a clue what you would be spending your money on at the show how could anyone tell you if it was worth it.

When I go to a gun show I have no interest in any black guns or black gun accessories. No interest in any centerfire ammo. I'm looking at and for reloading supplies, Gun parts (for old guns) old Winchesters and very specific newer firearms. So a Great show for me might totally suck for you and the same for the other way around.

Would you be interested if they were white guns? ;) I prefer very dark blue.....

I always go to shows just to have a look. Every once and awhile you will see an older gent selling off his estate, but even that is rare these days .
These days everything is available online, and they dont charge for parking. Ive looked at shows for all kinds of parts, then when I find them they are way overpriced..

Would you be interested if they were white guns? ;) I prefer very dark blue.....

I always go to shows just to have a look. Every once and awhile you will see an older gent selling off his estate, but even that is rare these days .
These days everything is available online, and they dont charge for parking. Ive looked at shows for all kinds of parts, then when I find them they are way overpriced..

I used the term "Black Guns" to cover the AR AK FAL FN etc type of modern "sporting rifles" but to directly answer your question no I have no interest in White guns either.

I'll have a Tavor there tomorrow for sale.

Curts Discount has 9mm for $13 a box of 50.
Let me know when you get a KSG!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Just wanted to see if anyone has gone there yet.
Thinking about making the drive if, but only if it's worth it.

Oh dude, you must not have been around here long. ANY gun show at the Portland Expo Center is NEVER worth it. NEVER EVER!! You will NEVER EVER miss out on anything by not going to the show. Keep that in mind next time an evil spirit might possess you to go there.

FAL is by far a modern sporting rifle designed in 1947, that 66 years old...just saying. Dont need to start any misinformation...

yes and the AR was designed in 1957 the AK in 1946-48

So your point would be?

Or maybe I should ask what would you like me to call the civilian versions of currently in use and recently in use combat rifles?

Bad prices on guns and ammo, but as a was looking for reliading stuff there was a good amount to check out, decent prices here and there. I missed the boat on some 50 bmg bullets by about 30 minutes, should've bought them and asked to hold them while I walked around, lesson learned. I picked up a bleeding zombie target for $50, usually 80-90. It was worth price of admission to me.

Anyone recall the name of the outfit selling 37mm reloading equipment? I wanted to talk to them but was in a bit of a time constraint.

My buddy went on Saturday and reported $50 bricks. During the previous liberal-driven scare (5-6 years ago), I was sickened watching opportunistic sellers telling everyone they had "one box left" at $38. Then sell it, and pull out another "one box left" the moment the buyer walked away - all weekend long.

Combined with parking and admission, that very behavior has rendered the shows largely irrelevant and useless to me.

I went, but not looking for deals. The only reason I go is to fondle guns in person that I'm considering buying. With so many dealers in one place I have the best chance to do so there. I also took my 9 yr old nephew so I could watch his head spin. A nice gentleman who deals knives gave him a pocket knife (his first one) which made his day. Overall it was the same as any of the recent shows. With the exception of .22, there was abundant ammo. Except for some bulk 5.56 or 7.62x39, it is all overpriced and you'd be much better off locally.

First off, it's cheaper than a movie. The Expo Center shows are getting more "...normal...". Guns are back in quantity, prices are all over the map. PMAGS were plentiful and prices were rock bottom ($10.00 each, buy ten get one free). Reloading supplies were sparse (that is my major driver to go there). I did find three box's of Hornday 110 GR .270 so I was good to go. Still plenty of beannie babies and $5.00 killer knives, and nunchucks. Definite lack of booth babes, more than enough commandos in full regalia. Lots of rookie buyers, so...listen at the table and when it is prudent, lend your hard earned expertise to new, hesitant, tentative NEW shooters. Each new shooter is a newly educated voter.

Bad prices on guns and ammo, but as a was looking for reliading stuff there was a good amount to check out, decent prices here and there. I missed the boat on some 50 bmg bullets by about 30 minutes, should've bought them and asked to hold them while I walked around, lesson learned. I picked up a bleeding zombie target for $50, usually 80-90. It was worth price of admission to me.

Anyone recall the name of the outfit selling 37mm reloading equipment? I wanted to talk to them but was in a bit of a time constraint.

Harry, I hear you on buying heavy stuff! Since I'm looking for bulk ammo at the shows I carry an empty day pack. Makes dragging a load of ammo or components around much more pleasant!

That's a good idea, I need to do that in the future. I actually crushed my toe about a year ago carrying spam cans of ammo. I had 100 rds of 50ae in my jacket pockets, a can of 54r on one shoulder and a can of 5.45x39 on the other and dropped the 5.45 on my toe. Wasn't sure how bad it was till I got to my car and my shoe was full of blood. I shudder now every time I walk by that spot at the expo center.

That's a good idea, I need to do that in the future. I actually crushed my toe about a year ago carrying spam cans of ammo. I had 100 rds of 50ae in my jacket pockets, a can of 54r on one shoulder and a can of 5.45x39 on the other and dropped the 5.45 on my toe. Wasn't sure how bad it was till I got to my car and my shoe was full of blood. I shudder now every time I walk by that spot at the expo center.
strap a milk crate to a Magna cart.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top