JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Headed to Port Angeles with the family for the week to camp at the Elwa Dam RV park. We plan to check out the removed dam and fish lake Sutherland for Kokanee like the boy & I did many years ago.
Will post success or failure of the bonding ritual and our sporting afield. :D

Last Edited:
I'll look forward to a story and some pics Caveman!

Many years ago before I moved to the Northwest I became very fond of the Port Angeles area. Mom, Dad, younger brother and I were in a trailer park for a couple of nights. Dad being the friendly guy he was chatted up a local in the cafe, and that guy, name was Sandy, took dad and I clamming for the first time. Went to his house with the clams where he cooked the steamers in the oven for a few. Love at first bite! After that took the MV Coho over to the island and then across Canada to Banff Nat. Park and back South to Utah. Went through there a time or two after that with buddies once I was out of high school too.

20150825_092833.jpg 5 am wake up, thank God for COFFEE! !!!!
In the water by 630, 7 fish in the boat and 7 still in the lake by 830. Limited with 5 each by 930 & spent some time reflecting & cleaning the catch on lake to avoid the yellow jackets.
Been a long time since the boy and I have really fished, caught & really had an epic day together!!!

Tomorrow will have Mrs. Caveman in the driver's seat!!! 20150825_092906.jpg

Well was not able to coax Mrs Caveman out te RV this morning but rinse and repeat of yesterday with a limits by 830!!!!!:D:D:D

Last Edited:
Oh very nice fish!!! Growing up I had an aunt that owned a lot along along the Elwha river inside the park. Then in the early 80's the fed gov said nope we made a mistake and sold those lots.. We want them back.. They used bulldozers in the river and actually rerouted the river right thru our little community!! There were about a dozen cabins and mobile homes there... And blamo all washed down river!!

But I still went up and fished it till I was about 20 years old! Every single summer! Great times, from the dam all the way down to the camp grounds. Man we would catch some great fish..
On occasion we would hike up above the dam and fish the upper river!!but it was patrolled by some wacko park ranger that was always on the lookout for fisherman using perry winkles as bait..:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top