JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$5-6 isn't exactly cheap. I do though want to keep from going big block so don't have to change the tranny and radiator.
I'm looking for 450-500 hp. Might need a supercharger for that.

Unless you do like IM said and drop 7k on a crate motor and be done, the 350 you have is probably the best small block performance platform in existence. I know guys who go around and buy the cast iron blocks out of old Yukons etc because their vettes and camaros make so much power the aluminum ones twist.

Horsepower isn't cheap but 450 is very doable in your price range.

I've seen some sweet deals on custom built 350's that never made it into someone's project and were being sold on Craigslist at a loss.

it all depends on the block you have now. No point of throwing money into a motor that you can't build on. Stroked short blocks are pretty hard to beat. Supercharger and carbs alone will exceed your budget if you want something that actually works. Your tranny should will work on a BBC with just a bell housing change, i.e. Turbo 350,400,400R4,700r4

I would get a 4 bolt BBC and go have some fun, you won't notice the weight difference in a C10

Now wait a minute. You think $5000 is too much for a factory 350 HP turn key motor but you are going to build a Blown 500 HP small block?

Pretty sure we are done talking. :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads