JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe the main concern is any acetone or rust penetrant oil products. According to the mfg., regular gun oil and simple household oils are fine. I used WD-40 as well without issue.

As a big money saver... it's not if you go all new. If you go with some of the "put together" kits through those, what I would call "novelty" onine sites, it's quite possible to spend considerably more than you would on an off the shelf Glock.

With some careful shopping and a bit of common sense though it comes out just a shade or so under. The main point of doing it though, for me, is simply the satisfaction of a DYI project.

There is also that additional bonus of having an unserialized firearm. I'm one that believes that if Oregon now wants to stick it's nose into the dealings of two responsible and law abiding citizens... I'll go make my own! :D

The learning, planning, execution and satisfaction of doing a project like that with my son though... PRICELESS!

Last Edited:
D8595893-4009-482E-AEF7-166EF177DA8F.jpeg 2FF8F243-7B94-4368-ABE4-6F86CAF47BF4.jpeg You can't use a gen 4 .22 cal convention kit on them. Just got a advantage Arms Gen 3 kit for mine and works great!

Last Edited:
Yeah... talked to AA and found that out. They said you can convert a Gen3 kit to a Gen4 frame, but not a Gen4 to a Gen3 frame.

So I got mine done a few weeks back. I haven't shot it yet but it looks good and feels smooth. The project went very smoothly and I'd love to buy another. Maybe I'll start a G19LS project in the future.

One thing I noticed, loaded G23 mags don't drop free. The mags swell just enough to stick. No big deal but something I noticed.
377AE644-9E55-47CE-A171-B0D9456F5CA2.jpeg 7F091CF9-A10A-4C11-A3D0-702480574062.jpeg 1C98AC8F-F506-4F21-98B8-B26E78656F96.jpeg

One thing I noticed, loaded G23 mags don't drop free. The mags swell just enough to stick.

Yup. 6 out of 11 of my 13rnd mags do that too (all OEM's and none of the 15's), but the same ones do it in a Glock frame as well.

I've read about some folks doing a flat block sanding and polishing on the non locking side of the mags to correct that, and it isn't supposed to take much sanding at all, but it's not incredibly important to me unless they don't drop when empty... which they all do... so I haven't gone to the effort.

My thought being that much of that will likely resolve itself during the course of normal use as the few contact points polish themselves. ;-)

I shot mine and I noticed my trigger pin was walking out after several mags. I used strike industries enhanced pin set to assemble the pistol (G23).
I wonder if there are some plastic burrs preventing the slide lock lever from seating in the grove of the pin, preventing the pin from walking out.... or in my case, not keeping the pin locked in.

Once I figure out what's up, I'll let y'all know.

And I didn't mess up the holes when I drilled the frame. I followed the instructions and didn't mess anything up.

PS you can also use Gen 4 slides with it. On the 26 or 27.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about a Gen4. The spring on the gen3 slide I have looks identical to a gen4. Have to remember that if I ever decide to do a 26.