JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I always go to one of two places to shoot, depending on who I do so with and their locations. Usually I'm with my father and we stay local, even pick the same spot and are always lucky to find no one in it. What we do find, however, is evidence of previous use, TONS of it.

We always clean up after ourselves and take at least one large item of someone else's trash back with us, today we completely loaded the truck with plastic childrens' toys, bottles and cardboard boxes, but I'm starting to wonder if we're doing any good.

I mean, it seems to me that those whom are littering just don't care, and worse, I'm starting to wonder if our cleaning up after them is giving them a self-serving permission to continue to do so? Like a parent picking up after their child, instead of making them do it themselves. On top of that, this doesn't even include the brass. I can't get it all, hell, I can't get a quarter, let alone my knowing if I've even gotten my own.

I don't know, I clean up two pieces and twenty more show up. Camp fires with empty and broken gallons of vodka bottles lying about. Large boxes stuffed down in the bushes. Those little travel grill propane tanks strewn all about. I can't dismiss this as ignorance, elementary education teaches us what is and isn't biodegradable. No, this is purposeful, intentional negligence.

I'm no tree hugger here, but I do like my spots and, moreso, love my freedom to use the outdoors for my hobby/sport. Are my attempts futile? What about the brass, should I focus less on it and more on the large items? I've recently started to think more about that question specifically. What's your take?

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

Illegal dumping has resulted in the shut down of several of my favorite shooting areas in the Snoqualmie Forest.

You're doing the right thing, without your help those favorite spots will uventually be closed to shooting and possibly gated so nobody can access them.
Keep up the good work.

We've made it a regulr habit to bring big industrial yard waste bags with us when go camping or shooting and pack out as much trash as we can carry in our Jeeps.
Local Ranger station lets us use thier dumpster. They know we bring it back from the National Forest and appreciate the effort.

We do the same, always pack lots of garbage bags and pack out our trash and other stuff too if we have the truck. It is frustrating to see the stuff dumped by others that have no clue that they are ruining outdoor shooting for us all by using the outdoors as their personal dumping site.

Its always that tiny % of idiots that restrict the freedom of the other 90+ %.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top