JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like the bill will die in the senate committee. Don't know about the rest of you, but I made sure to tell each D member of the committee that this was an election year and people are paying attention. Don't know if my individual emails and daily phone calls made a difference but like to think so.

It seems that not only HB 4147, but several by issues are being stopped by Republicans in the State Senate.

http://www.mailtribune.com/news/20160226/oregon-senate-gop-wreaks-havoc-with-democrat-agenda

I for one, am glad. It was seeming like there was no honest way to keep the rabid anti-gunners and anti-civil rights politicians in check with their majority, and the abuse of their majority by the Democrats has been outrageous as we all have witnessed. If the Republicans can keep the "Fillibuster" (I know that's not the right term for it here, but it's related) going until the session ends on 3/6, then HB 4147 and other bubblegum bills that they are trying to ram through will get shelved, if only for a while.
If possible, I would say not only keep the pressure up against the absurdity and danger of the gun control agenda, but let the/your Republican Senators know that you support them in this 'protest/blockade' (I guess I really don't know what it's actually called, this delaying technique, if it has a unique name at all).

It seems that not only HB 4147, but several by issues are being stopped by Republicans in the State Senate.
http://www.mailtribune.com/news/20160226/oregon-senate-gop-wreaks-havoc-with-democrat-agenda

I for one, am glad. It was seeming like there was no honest way to keep the rabid anti-gunners and anti-civil rights politicians in check with their majority, and the abuse of their majority by the Democrats has been outrageous as we all have witnessed. If the Republicans can keep the "Fillibuster" (I know that's not the right term for it here, but it's related) going until the session ends on 3/6, then HB 4147 and other bubblegum bills that they are trying to ram through will get shelved, if only for a while.
If possible, I would say not only keep the pressure up against the absurdity and danger of the gun control agenda, but let the/your Republican Senators know that you support them in this 'protest/blockade' (I guess I really don't know what it's actually called, this delaying technique, if it has a unique name at all).
I would encourage all to take a moment and fire off a note of thanks to the Republicans in the Senate for their hard work and trying to contain the out of control Democrats...

I believe it's because of the process called the "minority report" used in the legislature.

Well... golly gee lookie what I stumbled accross while googling "minority report". This should be further proof that a "certain party" in power isn't really interested in public safety, but about eventual public disarmament... straight from the horse's mouth! People should be ashamed of themselves for voting for such creatures.

https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/houserepublicans/Documents/House Democrats Vote Down Minority Report To Increase Support For Law Enforcement Investigations Of Gun Violence.pdf

Last Edited:
I believe it's because of the process called the "minority report" used in the legislature.

Well... golly gee lookie what I stumbled accross while googling "minority report". This should be further proof that a "certain party" in power isn't really interested in public safety, but about eventual public disarmament... straight from the horse's mouth! People should be ashamed of themselves for voting for such creatures.

https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/houserepublicans/Documents/House Democrats Vote Down Minority Report To Increase Support For Law Enforcement Investigations Of Gun Violence.pdf

I listened to some of the debate on 941 live, the majority party also shot down efforts to increase funding for better mental health care. It does prove that they really don't care about saving lives, but disarming citizens. And you're right, these people need to go - they do not have the best interest of Oregonians in mind, only their own persona agendas, often fueled by special interest influence/money.

Rumor has it this bill is dead. BUT - don't ASSUME anything until the session is over (as in "bubblegum-u-me will make an bubblegum out of U and ME"). Ceasefire is getting worried over it. Here's their latest concern, via OregonFirearmsFederation facebook page. Maybe I'll take their contact list and let those representatives know "THANK YOU" for letting common-sense rule, and letting this bull go away. :)

Let's keep the pressure up, and be sure to contact Peter Courtney directly and by name with a personalized email. He's the only one who can bring HB 4147 to the floor for a vote.

We only have a few days left, turn up the heat, keep the pressure on... This legislation accomplishes nothing.

Tell them to properly fund the OSP ID Unit so they can upgrade their systems and employ enough manpower to properly complete background checks within the prescribed 3 days the Brady Bill called for....

I gave them today off from my barrage, but it'll resume for the remainder of the week...

Update, yea, they didn't get today off after all... Emails went out tonight. Calls in the morning and another round of emails by noon tomorrow. I can be very persistent....

Last Edited:
Sounds like the 2016 Legislative Session has concluded...

Peter Courtney kept HB 4147 from a Senate floor vote. We dodged a bullet this year.

We need to show our gratitude to our legislators by voting out those who do not unconditionally support the Constitution...

Let's clean house and senate in Salem in November... To steal a line from the Lexus jingle...

Let's make this "a November to Remember"

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany