JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did anyone hear about an amendment that was made to this bill? I just heard on the news a short time ago that they amended the bill to extend the current law from 3 days of no resolution on the BGC and allowing the dealer to decide whether to sell, out to 10 days, allowing the dealer to make a decision on selling after that point.

Anyone hear anything about this change??

It just past in the House, and now goes on to the Senate.

Moms Demand Action Oregon just celebrated with this post on their Facebook page at the link down below. A half dozen of their reps were right there at the House today, lobbying for passage, as you can see in their photo.

https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemandActionOR/posts/637397359731853

These Moms are demanding action:

View attachment 279488
if i looked like that id prob be demanding action as i probably wouldnt be getting any.

(c) If, after 10 business days following the request by the dealer for a criminal history record check, the department has failed to provide either a unique approval number to the gun dealer or notification to the gun dealer that the purchaser is disqualified under paragraph (a) of this subsection, the gun dealer may, at the gun dealer's discretion, deliver the handgun to the
Did anyone hear about an amendment that was made to this bill? I just heard on the news a short time ago that they amended the bill to extend the current law from 3 days of no resolution on the BGC and allowing the dealer to decide whether to sell, out to 10 days, allowing the dealer to make a decision on selling after that point.

Anyone hear anything about this change??

They ended up only extending it to 10 days for handguns only. Long guns will thankfully continue to have the 3 day limit. So the bill is now a bit less odious, for sure.

The bad news, though, is that it is left totally up to the discretion of your gun dealer. So the dealer can still legally refuse to give you a handgun after 10 days, if they want to. If this becomes law, folks are going to need to ask their gun dealer up front first, regarding how they would handle this kind of scenario.

Here is the new language in the bill, after the amendment was made:

(c) If, after 10 business days following the request by the dealer for a criminal history record check, the department has failed to provide either a unique approval number to the gun dealer or notification to the gun dealer that the purchaser is disqualified under paragraph (a) of this subsection, the gun dealer may, at the gun dealer's discretion, deliver the handgun to the purchaser

Here is a link to the complete bill, as it currently stands:

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2016R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/HB4147/A-Engrossed

Maybe someone in legal told them that they wouldn't be able to defend an indefinite delay? There are literally thousands of people in delay status, with no criminal background. Kinda like delaying someone the right to vote now because their name sounds similar to someone who cannot.

Watched a few minutes of the news yesterday afternoon, 4:00pm. Jeff Gianola stated that there is now a ten day waiting period to buy a gun rather that a three day waiting period. Nothing about background checks, delays, denials, NOTHING!

Speachless, I'm just speachless.

Watched a few minutes of the news yesterday afternoon, 4:00pm. Jeff Gianola stated that there is now a ten day waiting period to buy a gun rather that a three day waiting period. Nothing about background checks, delays, denials, NOTHING!

I think that needs to be shared with the news stations. With such a high rate of false-accepts, the database is the problem. Not the delay time.

I've written in and called during the news to help educate these people. They don't care, they don't WANT to actually learn about the topics they report. No, I'm afraid those days are over. It's ALL "Infotainment" on the local news scene now. National news is a bit better "I Think"?

On the other hand though, those folks that depend on ol' Jeff Gianola for their daily news are happy that it's now a 10 day waiting period instead of just 3! Boy-o-boy, we're getting safer every day!

Does he know that's not true and he's just spewing bubblegum to further their agenda, or does he actually think there's a waiting period of any length to get a gun (provided the BG check goes smoothly)?

I've written in and called during the news to help educate these people. They don't care, they don't WANT to actually learn about the topics they report. No, I'm afraid those days are over. It's ALL "Infotainment" on the local news scene now. National news is a bit better "I Think"?

On the other hand though, those folks that depend on ol' Jeff Gianola for their daily news are happy that it's now a 10 day waiting period instead of just 3! Boy-o-boy, we're getting safer every day!

This is actually very common for anti-gun folks to know absolutely nothing about the subject that they are commenting on.

On another website yesterday, a man arguing for a ban on the transfer of "assault weapons" told me that the AR-15 was a totally worthless firearm. He said that it was so inaccurate, that it was useless for target shooting. And he said that it was equally worthless for hunting, and that NO ONE uses an AR type rifle for hunting.

But the icing on the cake was when he then told me that the AR-15 was also a totally ineffective firearm to use for personal self-defense!! He said that a person could not even defend himself from an attack using an AR-15!

He strenuously argued that there was thus no legitimate reason at all for any civilian to own an AR-15. For the gun is totally useless!! o_O

Does he know that's not true and he's just spewing bubblegum to further their agenda, or does he actually think there's a waiting period of any length to get a gun (provided the BG check goes smoothly)?

I believe they have no clue about the firearms culture, and don't really care to bother themselves with becoming educated about it.

I got an e-mail from Kim Thatcher, bless her heart, saying we should send a note to Diane Rosenbaum, chair of Senate Rules committee. I did, copying and pasting Thatchers e-mail with a few of my own words. Good idea for us seeing as Wifey just got done with a 90 day delay!

Last Edited:
I do call and write my so-called representatives but I can't remember the last time I felt that they actually listened. Only twice did I ever get a reply and it was from an aide describing their political position.

Senate Rules Committee members. https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2016R1/Committees/SRULES/Overview
Rosenbaum: [email protected]. 503-986-1721
Ferrioli: [email protected]. 503-986-1950
Burdick: [email protected]. 503-986-1718
Boquist: [email protected]. 503-986-1712
Beyer: [email protected]. 503-986-1706

edit - as an FYI, Senator Ferrioli has received over 3000 emails in opposition to 4147. The Dems probably need a few more emails and calls though!

I would not waste time emailing or calling Ginny Burdick. Not unless you simply want to aggravate and annoy her! ;)

She could not even wait for all the Sandy Hook school shooting victims in Newtown to be buried, before she tried her best to exploit their deaths here in Oregon. She is absolutely shameless, in my opinion.

00003532597701.jpg

sorry, if these legislature's have said we Oregonians arent smart enough to understand what they are discussing in all these phony emergency bills, is a clear indication of just how much our emails will do with these elected officials

this time contact them daily just to irritate them to let them know the contempt we have for them, & then vote to get rid of them

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top