JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here hunt with a pistol? What are you hunting and lets see your rig. I've Been debating on trading my Mark III for a rifle for small game hunting, but now Im toying with the idea of keeping it and setting it up for hunting.

It's in the planning stages.

I bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter in .45 Colt. I mounted a Leupold EER 4x scope, and I've been practicing with it. I have moved up to 75 yards.......and am in need of quite a bit more practice before it's time to go hunting with it.

I really would like to take a bear with this rig, so I acquired some Double Tap ammo which I figure should do the trick.

Here it is.............

HPIM1153.jpg

HPIM1152.jpg

Anyone here hunt with a pistol? What are you hunting and lets see your rig. I've Been debating on trading my Mark III for a rifle for small game hunting, but now Im toying with the idea of keeping it and setting it up for hunting.

I just picked up a Ruger .44 mag for pistol hunting. The .44 mag is a versatile hunting round, I plan to use 240 gr for Deer & Elk, 310 gr hard cast for Bear & Boar. I have had good accuracy at 50-70 yards with open sights. (The Blackhawk is the blued gun on the left)

Blowgunner,

I did a lot of hunting with a scoped .454 for everything from rabbits to elk. It shoots so flat I held right on jack rabbits clear out to 130 yards. I cant get the photo to cooperate. Obviously someone knows more than I do here, so maybe they would chime in with some help.

I see the photo made it. The scope is a Leupold 2 1/2-8X

DSC00007[1].jpg

Last Edited:
While not as cool as some of the scoped rigs I see I used to do a lot of varmint hunting with a 4" Mod 19. Probably some of the best times I ever had shooting was walking across the desert jumping jackrabbits and many fell to the 19. I do not have that 19 anymore but I am looking for another or a GP 100 but this time it will be 6".

ScopedContender25Bullberry.jpg

Thompson Center Contender, caliber .25 Bullberry. 15" Bullberry barrel (braked). Leupold 2.5x-8x. Taken: Antelope, Coyote, Rockchucks, Badger, Prarie Dog, etc.

ScopedTrooper.jpg

Colt's Trooper MKIII, caliber .357 Magnum. 8-3/8" Barrel, Electroless Nickel Finish. Leupold 2x. Taken: Antelope, Rockchuck, Coyote, etc.

ScopedMKII.jpg

Ruger MKII, caliber .22lr. 7.5" Tapered Target barrel. Weaver cantilever mount, 2x Burris. Taken: Raccoon, Possum, Jackrabbit, Ruffed Grouse, Sagerat

ScopedContender221Fireball.jpg

Thompson Contender, caliber .221 Remington Fireball, 10" Thompson Bull barrel. 4x Leupold. Taken: Cougar, Coyote, Rockchuck, Prarie Dog, etc.

Scoped57.jpg

Smith and Wesson Model 57, caliber .41 Magnum, 8-3/8" barrel, Nickel Finish, 2x Leupold. Taken: Mule Deer, Antelope, Rockchuck, Jackrabbit, etc.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top