JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here hunt with a pistol? What are you hunting and lets see your rig. I've Been debating on trading my Mark III for a rifle for small game hunting, but now Im toying with the idea of keeping it and setting it up for hunting.

It's in the planning stages.

I bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter in .45 Colt. I mounted a Leupold EER 4x scope, and I've been practicing with it. I have moved up to 75 yards.......and am in need of quite a bit more practice before it's time to go hunting with it.

I really would like to take a bear with this rig, so I acquired some Double Tap ammo which I figure should do the trick.

Here it is.............

HPIM1153.jpg

HPIM1152.jpg

Anyone here hunt with a pistol? What are you hunting and lets see your rig. I've Been debating on trading my Mark III for a rifle for small game hunting, but now Im toying with the idea of keeping it and setting it up for hunting.

I just picked up a Ruger .44 mag for pistol hunting. The .44 mag is a versatile hunting round, I plan to use 240 gr for Deer & Elk, 310 gr hard cast for Bear & Boar. I have had good accuracy at 50-70 yards with open sights. (The Blackhawk is the blued gun on the left)

Blowgunner,

I did a lot of hunting with a scoped .454 for everything from rabbits to elk. It shoots so flat I held right on jack rabbits clear out to 130 yards. I cant get the photo to cooperate. Obviously someone knows more than I do here, so maybe they would chime in with some help.

I see the photo made it. The scope is a Leupold 2 1/2-8X

DSC00007[1].jpg

Last Edited:
While not as cool as some of the scoped rigs I see I used to do a lot of varmint hunting with a 4" Mod 19. Probably some of the best times I ever had shooting was walking across the desert jumping jackrabbits and many fell to the 19. I do not have that 19 anymore but I am looking for another or a GP 100 but this time it will be 6".

ScopedContender25Bullberry.jpg

Thompson Center Contender, caliber .25 Bullberry. 15" Bullberry barrel (braked). Leupold 2.5x-8x. Taken: Antelope, Coyote, Rockchucks, Badger, Prarie Dog, etc.

ScopedTrooper.jpg

Colt's Trooper MKIII, caliber .357 Magnum. 8-3/8" Barrel, Electroless Nickel Finish. Leupold 2x. Taken: Antelope, Rockchuck, Coyote, etc.

ScopedMKII.jpg

Ruger MKII, caliber .22lr. 7.5" Tapered Target barrel. Weaver cantilever mount, 2x Burris. Taken: Raccoon, Possum, Jackrabbit, Ruffed Grouse, Sagerat

ScopedContender221Fireball.jpg

Thompson Contender, caliber .221 Remington Fireball, 10" Thompson Bull barrel. 4x Leupold. Taken: Cougar, Coyote, Rockchuck, Prarie Dog, etc.

Scoped57.jpg

Smith and Wesson Model 57, caliber .41 Magnum, 8-3/8" barrel, Nickel Finish, 2x Leupold. Taken: Mule Deer, Antelope, Rockchuck, Jackrabbit, etc.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top