JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think theyre going to have to get legal at ATF to reevaluate their plan in lieu of the EPA SCOTUS case. The August time frame has been pushed back already.

Read the start of this thread but quickly got lost in understanding much of the follow ups.

To the OP, fwiw one thing I really like is foldable braces (they don't have to be foldable, that's just what I strongly prefer for my use) on 1913 rail mounts. It takes about 30 seconds to move a brace from one gun to another.

Therefore if you have a lot of guns with 1913 braces on the back one or two 1913 compatible braces can be used on all those guns. This saves a ton of money as you don't need to spend $ for each gun to have its own brace and also you don't need to pay $200 per gun for the stamp. So that can add up to a savings of up to $400 per gun which adds up to a lot if you like to own a lot of guns. Fwiw/FYI. Cheers!

To the OP, fwiw one thing I really like is foldable braces (they don't have to be foldable, that's just what I strongly prefer for my use) on 1913 rail mounts. It takes about 30 seconds to move a brace from one gun to another.
Not a bad tip, but probably won't work for me. I only have one, it requires the spring and buffer, and in terms of what the ATF may be proposing, a folding stock would add trigger pull length and points simply for the folding aspect.

Cicillini and McBath... the depth of delusion is just amazing. Genuine ignorance or willful lie for affect??
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

All that being said, I find it hilarious that they're pointing at this brace and arguing about banning it, but don't realize that the example they're showing is already an NFA item. It's a pistol with a VFG, which makes it an AOW.

It also kills me that nobody bothered to explain to them that you can bump-fire any semi-auto without special tools.

All that being said, I find it hilarious that they're pointing at this brace and arguing about banning it, but don't realize that the example they're showing is already an NFA item. It's a pistol with a VFG, which makes it an AOW.

It also kills me that nobody bothered to explain to them that you can bump-fire any semi-auto without special tools.
"It also kills me that nobody bothered to explain to them that you can bump-fire any semi-auto without special tools."

Lord forbid, don't give them any more fuel for the fire… they are already trying to burn the place down.

Same ol hmm and hawww BS, this guy on the phone probably has to deal with this all the time and has probably been given a tagline to tell anyone who asks any questions such as this.
This is the problem with calling, you know that these people are going to play defense for the likes of Pelosi…
Don't get me wrong, I think people should flood the phone lines but don't be too disappointed when you get worthless simps like this answering the phone.

Special tools….. Like your finger and a belt loop? Hahaha. Bunch of idiots. This is the product of failing upwards.

"It also kills me that nobody bothered to explain to them that you can bump-fire any semi-auto without special tools."

Lord forbid, don't give them any more fuel for the fire… they are already trying to burn the place down.
Ya beat me to it!
Not to mention, I can only imagine how that would go. Probably along the lines of telling a toddler its not OK to hit people. "But, but, but he took my play thing" complete with salt factory overtime, and autism discipline rage.
No disrespect to those on the spectrum.

Pistol 🧐
1658540518349.png
Brace🧐
1658540345279.png

Pistol Brace? 🤭 😒
1658540192306.png

(Sorry, had to do it..)

Ya beat me to it!
Not to mention, I can only imagine how that would go. Probably along the lines of telling a toddler its not OK to hit people. "But, but, but he took my play thing" complete with salt factory overtime, and autism discipline rage.
No disrespect to those on the spectrum.
Good thing you had that disclaimer buddy!

Pretty much..
I have my ONE at setup with a v7 actual steel (416) buffer tube for the utter chad of a hard use weapon. Also forged steel charging handles. Those buffer tubes ain't cheap!

Also yeah there's a reason why colt went out of business. I absolutely hate companies that go out of their way to be a pain to do service with. I get that they want to protect their name and quality standard but its like they assume we are all low level cake eaters with no real skills or knowledge.
I get that colts are collectors items, but I'd much rather have something I can use and is MORE accurate, AND cheaper. (Probably better in every way.)
All that said. I think parts quality all around is getting quite good these days. And pistol braces are pretty standard even on factory equipped rigs.
Hence the updated saying at M4C: "Buy a BCM or SOLGW and get a life"... :)

So... as the rules are at the present moment, is there any difference in a brace like an SBA3 brace mounted on a standard mil-spec buffer tube vs. a fixed point blade stabilizer made for and mounted on a full round pistol buffer tube with no adjustment points or screw stops?

They are both considered non-NFA pistols... if I understand correctly?

So... as the rules are at the present moment, is there any difference in a brace like an SBA3 brace mounted on a standard mil-spec buffer tube vs. a fixed point blade stabilizer made for and mounted on a full round pistol buffer tube with no adjustment points or screw stops?

They are both considered non-NFA pistols... if I understand correctly?
With the ATF delaying their implementation of the new brace scheme, that's what I understand to be the case as well (for the moment).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top