JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a Argentine Colt that I've been giving a new life. Most parts are new including a Storm Lake Barrel and Briley bushing. Had DT cut for the Trijicon front sight and the rear sight might be in todays mail. Graphite black Cerakote and grips from who knows on ebay. The trigger is nice and it functions great. Kinda hard to tell how accurate it will be without a rear sight:). I'm not sure I like all the shiney parts . Ken
Argrntine Colt.JPG argentine colt 1.JPG

Last Edited:
Well, this one sure isn't collectable, but it wasn't when I got it either. Some nit wit drilled a hole on the bottom of the slide and a big ol' hole in the top of the slide to facilitate installation of a Glock front sight. The bottom hole is welded invisible now and the top one is under the DT. I would have left it alone if it wasn't already buggered. I just pounded the rear sight in place and it shoots minute of beer can at 10 yards. Dang it, now I need another project.

Very nice job. Did you fit the thumb safety yourself?
Rick, I did not. I sent this Colt to a real GS to weld up the hole in the slide and had him fit the new barrel too since he was going to have the gun anyway. The safety wasn't reliable so I told him to go ahead and replace it. I try to do all my own work, but sometimes it's prudent to let a pro do it, particularly if they already have the gun. Jeff at Rangemaster in Lebanon did a good job and didn't charge me a arm and a leg.

Well, this one sure isn't collectable, but it wasn't when I got it either. Some nit wit drilled a hole on the bottom of the slide and a big ol' hole in the top of the slide to facilitate installation of a Glock front sight. The bottom hole is welded invisible now and the top one is under the DT. I would have left it alone if it wasn't already buggered. I just pounded the rear sight in place and it shoots minute of beer can at 10 yards. Dang it, now I need another project.

What a bubblegum that guy was...

I think grips look out of place with the shiny stuff. I agree with bead blasting the shiny stuff for a satin finish or get some vz or aluminum grips. Even plain black grips would work better IMO. I like the mods though, tasteful way to bring it back from Bubba hell.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top