JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wanted to pass on this info.
Cracks on the HP 22 frame, along the top edge where the metal is extremely thin, are a widely reported problem. I had around 700 rounds through mine and noticed the crack on the left side. Looks like the right side will soon have one as well. Anyway, it being such a cheap gun, I figured I'd try to fix it myself. Just broke off the cracked piece and dremeled it smooth. Then I sanded with 400 grit. Didn't seem to weaken it. Fired 100 or so Federals through it; no problems at all.
These guns are fairly crude, so taking them down and grinding, sanding and polishing the rough spots really helps. Smoothing out the take down lever and the slot it fits in makes take down much easier. I clean the whole gun after every range session.
The magazine safety is really annoying, but fortunately it is easy to modify. Just remove the left side grip. It will be apparent what to do. You''ll also see how to adjust the magazine release tension.
I've now got about 800 rounds through this and it remains a real nice shooter.
Just ordered a 5" barrel for a little more accuracy.
Good Luck with yours,
Mo

From what I've read, this is a very common problem and it sounds like the warranty is good only to the original owner. Are you the original owner? If so, I'd contact PA: 909-947-4843

Phoenix Arms: 1420 South Archibald Ave., Ontario, CA 91761

Thanks for the comments. I think this is a design defect, and it will happen to every unit eventually. I can live with my diy fix as it still shoots fine.
Just installed a 5" barrel and tried it today. No accuracy improvement but it may need to seat in, or I may need to modify my grip for the new balance point. Or maybe I just had a bad day. It happens.
Mo

Had one myself several years ago that cracked and Phoenix sent me a new gun - which I promptly sold. I too had the longer barrel but it shot better with the original. I learned my lesson with the Phoenix - stick with quality made "Name Brand" guns. The up side is it was a good shooter - for the money.

that why i said my opinion, i will put my P22 against any 22 pistol out there, i have had it for over 3 years, i have torture tested this thing plenty of times, after 100 rnds it got submerged in a puddle with the mag next to it, then a shovel full of sand on top, it sat for two min, then was loaded and fired, no problem, did that for 525 rnds, with only one round that did'nt extract, i can hit a target at 120m all day, so ya it is better than good it's nifty

this would be mine

303485_4098760826271_1200394827_3804926_416323457_n.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews