JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I noticed recently that my Sistema has uneven wear near the muzzle on the left size if the slide as opposed to the right. I noticed that when looking straight down the barrel, the slide rides slightly to the left and kisses the side of the dust cover while the right side has a gap. Is this a common occurance that could have been present since day one or did something likely happen to damage the gun rendering it "permanently damaged"? It's the only 1911 I've owned so I'm not well educated on all the quirks and nuances that may accompany them.
PXL_20210911_010027221.jpg PXL_20210911_005907269.jpg PXL_20210911_005743624.jpg

I noticed recently that my Sistema has uneven wear near the muzzle on the left size if the slide as opposed to the right. I noticed that when looking straight down the barrel, the slide rides slightly to the left and kisses the side of the dust cover while the right side has a gap. Is this a common occurance that could have been present since day one or did something likely happen to damage the gun rendering it "permanently damaged"? It's the only 1911 I've owned so I'm not well educated on all the quirks and nuances that may accompany them.
View attachment 1029378View attachment 1029379View attachment 1029380
How are you carrying it? How old is it?

When they get bent like that you should switch to the other hand for a while. :s0026:

Now for a serious answer, nothing that I would worry about. Fairly common "issue" with 1911's, in my mind nothing more than a cosmetic issue.

I just keep it in my safe. It's 1945 first year post Hartford
Thanks!
I also misread the query, (I had had a few beers) and didn't realize the dust cover itself was uneven, I thought it was just the wear that was a concern. In any case, it seems that it's a non-issue. If you have further questions about 1911s @Cerberus Group is a fantastic resource and has offered his help to me in the past.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top