JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ran a search but only came up with one other post about LEOSA qual up in WA. Does anyone know of somewhere some what close to PDX where I could shoot for my annual qual so I can carry with my LEOSA credential?

I was active military police so I can't go though my old department.

thanks for the help.

Contact the SO or PD closest to you. I used Seattle PD when I lived in King County but now use Pierce County since I live in Pierce County now. Just call and ask if they offer out of state LEOSA qualification. I am sure the departments in OR offer the same service. Good luck.

Ran a search but only came up with one other post about LEOSA qual up in WA. Does anyone know of somewhere some what close to PDX where I could shoot for my annual qual so I can carry with my LEOSA credential?

I was active military police so I can't go though my old department.

thanks for the help.
Did you retire as an MP? I was active duty MP as well but I don't think I served long enough (10+ years if I remember correctly) for LEOSA to transfer to civilian world. Atleast that was my understanding. If I am wrong I would love to know. I miss having LE Creds.

Last Edited:
Did you retire as an MP? After 20 years? I was active duty MP as well but I don't think I served long enough for LEOSA to transfer to civilian world. Atleast that was my understanding. If I am wrong I would love to know. I miss having LE Creds.
Current requirements are minimum 10 years in a Law enforcement career field. I did 11 years law Enforcement job and my last 3 in intelligence and still qualified. check out https://leosaonline.com they handle all the processing and applications for Military.

Current requirements are minimum 10 years in a Law enforcement career field. I did 11 years law Enforcement job and my last 3 in intelligence and still qualified. check out https://leosaonline.com they handle all the processing and applications for Military.
Yea I just went back and read it again. 10 years. Thanks! I did 5 and got the hell out. Couldn't deal with the politics and $hit Commands/Provost Marshals. I appreciate it. Hopefully you get your stuff all squared away. It's nice to have the freedom to carry in all 50 states for sure. I miss it.

Anyone know about qualification near CDA, Idaho? Have my Air Force LEOSA credential and joining you from California.
Pretty sure my friend in Kootenai County does his though the Sheriff's Office there.
You can try the Public Safety Training Center which is near the Clackamas Town Center. I believe they do LEOSA Quals there. Not sure of the price.
That's who I've been using for the last few years. They supply the ammo (in the past you shoot 25 and take the rest home, lead free), and a nice card each year. $60 if I remember correctly for everything. Very professional and well run. FYI, their qualification course is not as easy as many locations. I didn't mind, like it actually, but when I asked they said about 25% fail. They only office once a month, get a reservation (required). Show up early. You will be drawing from the holster and doing a mag change. (This is info from the last time I went earlier this year.) I'm betting @Cerberus Group would be a great option if you are in his neighborhood.

You can try the Public Safety Training Center which is near the Clackamas Town Center. I believe they do LEOSA Quals there. Not sure of the price.
Clackamas PSTC will do them by appointment. Bring your retirement ID. Don't know what they charge and unsure if they're running the old (starts at 15yds, ends at contact distance) or newest DPSST (starts at contact distance goes out to 10yds) course of fire.

For anyone around Portland looking for a HR218 Qual I would highly recommend the Clackamas PSTC. Fairly straightforward 25rd Qual, big boy range rules and I was in an out in 30 min. They charge $60 but that includes a box of ammo and they give you a very nice credit card sized Qual card that won't fall apart in your wallet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top