JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How do you carry your P320?

• Total voters
It's kind of ironic that the reason I don't like Glocks (besides the ergos), and most striker fired guns, is because the trigger is "springy" and it feels like the trigger will never break. I used to have nightmares that I would be trying to shoot someone and no matter how hard I pulled on the trigger, it would never go "BANG!"

It's kind of ironic that the reason I don't like Glocks (besides the ergos), and most striker fired guns, is because the trigger is "springy" and it feels like the trigger will never break. I used to have nightmares that I would be trying to shoot someone and no matter how hard I pulled on the trigger, it would never go "BANG!"
While the P320 has a very good trigger, it's still a striker and will never match a 1911 type trigger.
In my experience, the P320 trigger is much better than a Glock trigger. It's in the design.
Now which one is safer, let the wars begin.

She was mistaken. A bit different than lying.

Kinda the same as your not looking into it all on your own, at the time. You were mistaken in believing someone not versed in legalities would be correct.

Police can be rite, and sometimes they can be wrong. It happens. Plus spouses of police are not police. So there's that.

Regardless as towards why, its too bad such occurred & you are where you are now.
Agree that I definitely should have taken a bit more initiative and researched it a bit more.

I did go I to a couple of FFLs and none of them would answer any questions everytime I'd ask anything about they'd stonewall me with "I can't give legal advice"

I tried looking on line as well but back in 2000/2001 there wasn't as much info readily available online as there is now, and i wasn't very well versed in computers or the internet.

I even asked a couple of police officers and got mixed answers from a couple of them.

I kept procrastinating that I'd just go speak with an attorney eventually and find out for sure but just never felt I wanted to pony up the cash.

So yeah all the lost time is for sure on me, I'm all about personal responsibility.

At the same time my Aunt was and is a really sh*tty person and as always has been. She said what she said because grandpas firearm collection was pretty extensive, and she knew she was gonna (and did) score off selling them.

I don't even talk to that crusty old Beach anymore but I did send her pictures of my AR, and my AK when I bought them, just a picture no explanation or context 😂🤣😂🤣😂😂

While the P320 has a very good trigger, it's still a striker and will never match a 1911 type trigger.
In my experience, the P320 trigger is much better than a Glock trigger. It's in the design.
Now which one is safer, let the wars begin.
I'd prefer a 320 with a safety, and maybe an Apex trigger job.

If you get a chance to try the Walther PPQ or Walther PDP, do it. Its lightyears beyond a stock Glock trigger, or even a Glock with a 3.5lb trigger connector.

I'd prefer a 320 with a safety, and maybe an Apex trigger job.
The military version M17 or M18 has a manual safety.
Also, a manual safety can be added to the civilian models.

Apex is popular with some gun models but not so much with the P320.
However I do use the Apex trigger bar in a couple of P320s.

Yep, I know they have the manual option - that's a gun I would certainly feel better about with than without.

My M&P's I can go either way - but the trigger on the M&Ps is a bit heavier than most 320's I've tried, and it at least has the safety-dongus in the trigger than the 320s don't, and the trigger shoe on an M&P is plastic and weighs nothing, vs the nice metal shoe on the 320s. I also like the shape of that safety, and how it gives a good spot for my thumb to ride (instead of inching forward and riding the slide stop lever) while shooting.

My new Walther is one that honestly, I wouldn't mind if they had a manual safety option for - it is lighter than a Glock or M&P trigger, but the trigger shoe is like the Glock version at least, it has the center mounted dongus that, unless deactivated first, doesn't allow the trigger to be pulled. The firing pin block is nice and beefy on the Walther as well.

You tried out the "Sig Sauer P320 Custom Works Fire Control Unit"?
Sig claims its supposed to have a better trigger then the standard P320 FCU, but I've seen quite a few reviews that say its grossly over priced and the performance is underwhelming.

Screenshot 2019-08-24 at 10.56.18 AM.png

Apex trigger on mine, my favorite gun to shoot. But my favorite gun is my sr1911 lw commander.

You tried out the "Sig Sauer P320 Custom Works Fire Control Unit"?
Sig claims its supposed to have a better trigger then the standard P320 FCU, but I've seen quite a few reviews that say its grossly over priced and the performance is underwhelming.

Nope.
Built I've built (er assembled) 2 P320s from parts acquired before the Custom Works FCU came out.
Underwelming is a good word for them and then you get punished by the price.
I think SIG saw what Kitchen Table Gun Plumbers (like me) were doing and wanted to get in on the action.

A Glock is very easy to assemble from parts and the P320 is just a little trickier, but not bad at all.

Had a Walther CCP - didn't notice much difference with the trigger. Traded it off for some ammo
CCP is a different gun completely. The PPQ (full size/compact) and the PDP (essentially the next iteration of the PPQ with outward changes to the slide and grip texture) trigger is a lot cleaner than the CCP.

I saw a nappy ol' geezer carrying like that the other day.
Had these baggy stretch pants with that little micro flopping around and printing for all the world to see.
Looked dangerous.
Well, at least he wasn't going to have an unintentional discharge if he saw a pretty lady, unless of course he was on some little blue pills.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top