JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went by Parkrose Hardware today (NE Sandy Blvd. in Portland) to see if they still had their no guns sign in the window that I posted about a month or so ago.

I was surprised to see that the sign was gone. In my earlier post about their no guns policy, I mentioned that the Parkrose Hardware web site had a place on their contact page on which store customers could comment and that I had made my displeasure with the no guns policy very clear (and that I would be blabbing about it on the gun forums). Several NW Firearms members responded that they have done the same thing. In place of the no guns sign is a new one that says "No Zombies Allowed". I guess I'm OK with that sign.

I don't know if it was us that made store management change their policy or not. I also don't know what else may have made them take the sign down if it wasn't us, but whatever it is, Parkrose Hardware is no longer an anti-gun store. Maybe bubbleguming really works.

Just because they took the sign down doesn't mean that they're still not an anti-gun store; is just means they understand the financial impact that having the sign in the window would have. I'll be curious to hear from some of our OC members about their experiences in the store now that the sign is down after being posted in the first place.

Just because they took the sign down doesn't mean that they're still not an anti-gun store; is just means they understand the financial impact that having the sign in the window would have. I'll be curious to hear from some of our OC members about their experiences in the store now that the sign is down after being posted in the first place.

No doubt you are right about that. I am sure that whomever was originally responsible for the "NO GUNS" sign hasn't changed their opinion over this, but what has changed is the fact that I can now go back into their store without worrying about getting tossed out or trespassed for carrying my concealed weapon.

Normally I carry anyway, but I do make an effort not to shop at stores that think if I carry a gun, I must be a criminal, and post signs. It appears that Parkrose Hardware decided that their stand on guns in their store needed to take a backseat to people like me spending my money in their store. I'll take that as a win.

You can't open carry in Keiths or Fishermans are you going to boycott them also?

I boycott Keith's for lack of service and refusal to answer their phone before I drive 40 miles and find they didn't have what I went for.
I love fisherman's and have shopped in that location since Larry had his first store there.
Have friends there and they still welcome CC and carry ins. Just not OC.

Am I horribly naive??? I could give a rat's fat fanny and pink tail about someone's sign saying CC is OK. I decide if I am going in the store CC heck with them. I take pains not to print so heck with these private companies trying to infringe my rights. Or I'll shop elsewhere. I don't plan on being anybody's victim without tussle. I figure their ignorance of my CC is their bliss.

Brutus Out

Unless there is a metal detector at the door, they will never know if I am carrying. The old saying of "walk softly and carry a big stick" does have some merit. IMHO.

What about your oh so important OC rights, you don't mind them taking that away from you?

Just to be clear, and I'm sure many people have the same stance on this as I do...we all have rights. We have the right to say what we want and own firearms. But our rights cannot trample on the rights of others. If a property owner doesn't want a bunch of guys totting around pistols in the open on their hip, that is their right to do so...just like if you started swearing an owner can ask you to leave. Can you swear? Yes. Can you open carry? Yes.

However, when you place a "no firearms allowed" sign- all it does is shew away law abiding gun owners that want to propect themselves/others from harm. Criminals do not obey gun laws.

For some reason or another, liberals think that making an area a "gun free zone" makes a place safer like posting "no diving signs" in pools...but they forget that criminals that willfully choose to harm others aren't of the same mindset of people that decide to go diving in pools. They're mentally disturbed and would care less about your life than they do about that freeking sign.

GunFreeZoneCartoon.jpg

Disarming law-abiding citizens is not a solution....however, if a property owner comes up to you and states "hey, can you not open carry in my store" I see it just the same as if a manager came up and said "hey, don't cuss in my store please."

If you have a problem concealing your gun because a property owner asked you to then you probably shouldn't be carrying in the first place. Your gun rights do not trump property rights...conceal it and live with it or don't carry/go there! Imagine you asking a customer not to swear and be told to go f- yourself because it's your 1st Amendment right...

To end on that note...property owners should be mindful that law abiding gun owners are their friends and not their enemy. Saying you have a "no gun" policy is stupid, especially considering you don't search people on the way in and have no idea who is even carrying a firearm or other weapon. However, asking someone to conceal their pistol is just the same as asking them to not be disruptive and swearing up a storm.

*Riot Out*

Unless there is a metal detector at the door, they will never know if I am carrying. The old saying of "walk softly and carry a big stick" does have some merit. IMHO.

I always carry a Fenix FD32 flashlight in clip in my front jeans pocket. If a casual/non-search metal detector lights up I always fondle my flashlight a bit as I walk through and any door attendant/greeter always assumes it was the light.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top