JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
No prices so no advertising I'm seeing if folks around here are interested or not. My experience so far is the pnw folks are more of a spray paint finish type...and Mp330 is the correct chemical that gives a military finish.

I would think that it all depends...
Re-storing a 1943 dated 03A3...then parkerizing...
Wanting a durable finish that holds up well in hunting season...which do you like better...
parkerizing or cerakote...which can you afford...
Andy

I would think that it all depends...
Re-storing a 1943 dated 03A3...then parkerizing...
Wanting a durable finish that holds up well in hunting season...which do you like better...
parkerizing or cerakote...which can you afford...
Andy
Wait, is the 03A3 parked? i thought mine was blued.... don't make me get it out the safe!

Wait, is the 03A3 parked? i thought mine was blued.... don't make me get it out the safe!

Depends of if it is a Remington or Smith Corona....for the just what is blued and what is parkerized.
Some of the small parts of each...like the rear barrel bands and such....those can be found blued....

But the receiver , barrel , floor plate , butt plate should be parkerized.....and at times some Remington 03A3's have a greenish tint to the parkerzing ....
Andy

Last Edited:
Yes, my Remington is 'green' parkerised and i had forgotten, though receiver "only", having tentatively poked around inside the safe.

IMG_20200515_110815.jpg
IMG_20200515_110837.jpg

I don't see a lot of call for it but some people still want it done. Mostly WWII era military weapons. Swapped work for some large tanks being fabbed up so we could do large projects - did a M1919 build with the barrel shroud installed in them. Brownells mix seems to work just fine. Whenever we have some free time (HA) we'll be experimenting with using it as a base layer for Cerakote.

Ought to make an excellent primer coat. Personally I prefer parkerizing for a lot of reasons and uses. Got a side by side or a n over under that rusted in the field? They are soft soldered and can't be hot blued, rust bluing is expensive and time consuming, bead blast and park it! Old revolvers that are sound but ugly externally, park them. I used to send guns to texas armament for parking, good service and good prices.I

if you advertise it, and sell it as a low cost alternative you might be suprised.

Last Edited:
I want to do it for at least three guns. I like it. I would prefer a matte black nitride coating as it is better, but that isn't something that could be done in an afternoon like parkerizing (I have some guns that I don't wish to go into an FFL's book).

Now that I have some time and summer is coming up, I am going to make an appt. with Velzey to have those guns done.

Alright yeah seems like no one west coast really wants it done anymore east coast customer's hell I got a batch of 6-10 guns a week...just trying to see if it's worth advertising here or not. That's a example of color

IMG_20200507_171354.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews