Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Paranoia or what?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RVTECH, Feb 9, 2015.

1. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Saw this on a metal detecting forum I frequent and thought everyone would get a good laugh:

One of my buddies friends buried over $3000 worth of guns and ammo in his back yard about a year ago and could not locate it. They looked for a few months with no luck. My buddy asked me to come out with my detector and locate the stash. I got there to see huge trenches and holes all over the area he had buried them. I turned on my T2se, ground balanced it and put it in cache locate mode. I swung for about 1 minute and got a large screaming signal. I told the guy dig here and with his first shovel he hit something. Needless to say in less than a few minutes I found his stuff which was buried in several large PVC pipes. He was so happy to finally have them out of the ground. I was planning on doing it for nothing but he insisted and handed me $60 cash for my trouble. That was the easiest money I have ever made lol.

Medic! and 808hondacrguy like this.
  2. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

I was in a gunshop when a fellow brought in a very rusty M1a Springfield. He buried it for a few months then dug it up only to find a really rusty gun. Guys do some really dumb things with their guns.

3. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Proof that squirrels are smarter than some people. ;)

Stomper likes this.
  4. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

IMHO, once it's time to start burying them, it's really time to dig them up.

5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Yea - very true - kind of backwards isn't it?