JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am planning on an AR-10 purchase from PSA. Just waiting on an A2 buttstock, a 16 " barrel and the basic old school hand guard. So thank you guys for the positive feedback.

All my AR15's and my AR10 are PSA uppers and lowers.

I used to work at a gun shop and got to handle a lot of much more expensive AR's. I can't say anything about the metallurgy, but regarding fit, finish and feel. I believe they PSA holds up with the more expensive brands just fine.

Regarding what makes one brand better than another it is hard exactly too say. I think that things being within spec are important and after that it's mostly opinion anyway.

I've never really had any issue with PSA products, when buying their "blem" lowers it is hard to determine what made them "blem" I know when I got some lowers from them the only thing I could find was that the stock was a bit more difficult to expand and collapse. The tube might have been a hair thicker than normal, but for the amount I saved I don't care.

I did recently buy a fixed front sight upper and I can tell that the front sight post has a visible cant to it. I may contact them to return it for repair, but I've dealt with their customer service before and although they aren't rocket fast. They make it right.

Overall I am very please with them. I've put together rifles from complete lowers and complete uppers and done so at a price point that if I bought a similar product at a gun store I would easily pay double.

The lower doesn't make the gun shoot any better. True story.
the guns gonna shoot how it's gonna shoot. a nice trigger can help with shooter error. i uploaded some pics for u man. its definately a rifle that gets used. after the first few scratches i was like ehhhh f it. LOL. i wanna build a small 3 gun course on the property i shoot on.

I've had several (more expensive) AR's and I only recently bought my first PSA. From what I can tell so far, the main difference is in the furniture, which feels flimsy, some of the part marking/roll marks, and the finishes on the metal components. I generally replace the furniture on my AR's and I don't expect any of the other cosmetic details to affect functionality. The bbl on mine is not chrome-lined, however, my understanding is they use a lapping process that eliminates the need for break-in (somebody correct me if I'm wrong about this).

I was pleasantly surprised to see their MIlspec buffer tube has 6-positions vs. the standard 4. Not a big deal, but saves me a few bucks if I ever want to experiment with different stocks and length of pull.

All in all, the parts came together easily and for around $400 this seems like an incredible value. I'm going to scope this one and get it out to the range. Hoping for the best - Fingers crossed.

I have built 7 or 8 Psa Ars. All have been great minus the first gen Ar10 I got from them. This this would jam like crazy and was way over gassed. I fixed it with a cheap adjustable gas block, and sold it.

I would only buy their CHF barreled guns though. The freedom line is cheaper, but I feel for the money ruger, smith, and DTI make better guns in that price range.

Just bought a PSA Gen2 AR10 with a stainless barrel and 15" M-Lok rail for $560 plus shipping. I've stayed in the upper end on my 5.56 and .308 platforms but at this price point on an AR10 I just couldn't pass it up. This will be my first AR10 as I've had a thing for the M1A series of rifles. It's my first PSA rifle purchase and will be compared against my current .308 rifles for accuracy.
Also bought 1000 rounds Federal 5.56 AND D60 Magpul drum mag for $299!
PSA has had some screaming deals lately by bundling items together.

Just bought a PSA Gen2 AR10 with a stainless barrel and 15" M-Lok rail for $560 plus shipping. I've stayed in the upper end on my 5.56 and .308 platforms but at this price point on an AR10 I just couldn't pass it up. This will be my first AR10 as I've had a thing for the M1A series of rifles. It's my first PSA rifle purchase and will be compared against my current .308 rifles for accuracy.
Also bought 1000 rounds Federal 5.56 AND D60 Magpul drum mag for $299!
PSA has had some screaming deals lately by bundling items together.

Let me know how that PA10 works for you I've been very curious about them.

I have 2 ARs from PSA (carbine and mid-length) and both have been great. Bought the uppers and lowers separately post-Trump election when they finally had availability. I kept getting the "daily deal" emails and by the time I clicked on the link, the site said "sorry no longer available". That drove me crazy for months when everyone was sure the Dems would win the white house and everything was selling for sky-high prices.

My two ARs were just above and below $500 for the complete rifle. The one over $500 has a CHF barrel. Both shoot great, both have a nice fit/finish, and as far as I can tell so far, both guns shoot better than me. I have sighted both in and can shoot 4" groups at 50 yards with just the iron sights.

I asked for an optic and scope for Christmas and Santa delivered both so will see how much more accurate I can be with an optic and scope.

The biggest issue with both guns is the trigger. Both triggers are pretty gritty and make it hard to smoothly pull the trigger. I did pick up 2 of PSA's enhanced polished triggers that were well-reviewed to put into both guns. Will definitely do just one first to be able to compare them.

If there is one gripe I have with PSA (and it isn't with their shipping) it has to do with how they present and price their products on their website. IMHO, it is as bad as a Persian rug store or mattress store. The "original" price seems to just be pulled out of the air. They have such dramatically different descriptions on their uppers and lowers, that it is very hard to figure out which upper or lower is better than another. They have very vague and contradictory descriptions (IMHO) that make it very difficult to do an apples to apples comparison across their products.

Is it better to buy an upper with a BCG and CH or to buy the upper without them and buy the BCG and CH separately? In most cases (again IMHO) it is impossible to figure that out objectively. In addition, their email response time is really bad, sometimes more than a week to reply back. I think this is the worst part of dealing with PSA. Luckily I am not going to fight zombies or ISIS anytime soon with my ARs, and for what I do with them, they are just fine. But it would really be nice to have a "compare" function on the sight that actually details the specific differences between "this upper" and "that upper" so that as a consumer you can make a more informed decision.

WIthout getting into conspiracy theories about it, one might think that PSA is being a little "shady" about how they market their products, to put some inferior parts on a completed upper or lower to make a little extra money. To have more clarity about each and every product would help address that. I bought PSA despite these concerns because my cousin who is in Army special forces built his personal AR from PSA parts and he spoke highly enough about them and that was good enough for me. But for others that don't have that connection, I think the site and its descriptions are confusing at best and at worst, completely turn off potential customers.

That said, I love my 2 ARs from PSA.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads