JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So Palmetto State Armory has been getting all sorts of a bad rep I feel like. I just want to help set the record straight with my personal experiences.

Their Product: So I've built 7 firearms from PSA parts and I am currently building a new 300 blackout. All have been flawless so far but one and Ill get to to that in minute. Fit and Finish have always been great and with one of their Freedom uppers I was able to achieve 1/2 in groups at 100 yards. Also their prices ranges from low cost to medium with quality I feel rocks the competition. The only problem I have had was with a .223 wylde 20 in upper. It would go click every 20 rounds or so but it was caused by a bad BCG. This was then fixed...

Customer Service: Going along with the bad BCG, I contacted PSA quick response and they sent me a new one.

Shipping: Basically don't expect it in a week haha

So in conclusion: PSA is a great company that makes excellent AR Parts especially for the Money. My first Rifle I built was $520 with 10 Mags! So Really like $420 without the mags. If your on the Fence about them don't be just buy it haha

About me:
I'm a major Firearms enthusiast who is trying to make a career out of it starting with YouTube. Long term I'm trying to open my own Gun store in Washington State.
Please check out my NEW channel here:

MFS Media

I upload new content weekly and will always be YouTube ad free.
Anyways thank you and I hope this post helps you out!

Last Edited:
What your doing sounds awesome. I, too, have had good experiences with PSA. Looking through my order history with them kinda makes me cringe knowing how much money ive spent with them. Whats funny is ive never seen any blemishes from the blemished parts ive bought from them. Yes, shipping for a firearm takes a month or more but with their sales prices it is well worth it. The only issue ive had with them was when the PSA AK47 gen 2 first came out, it let me down. The finish looked like it was already rusting and the front gas tube would not properly align with the trunion and gas block after I had removed it.

Luckily, the folks at PSA made it right as they sent me a brand new one with upgraded furniture and extra PMAG. I will say though that at the time I was dealing with the issue, their customer service was harder to get through than the IRS. It was a 2 month turnaround and several phone calls, emails, and messages before I got my AK back. What finally got someone to look at my order was commenting on one of their FB posts. That sure got someones attention :cool:. Anyways, I still fall for their deals and its hard not to. If you see a really good deal, dont hesitate too long with them otherwise you will notice they sell out fast.

To date, all of my experiences with PSA have been positive. The only thing I would like to see changed is their shipping department - it's woefully slow at times. But I know that about them, and just expect it. The quality of the stuff they sell has been very good, no complaints.

Won a free PSA 16" kit here on NWFA. I put it together in about an hour (first time doing this), and had only one issue. The trigger would not reset after the first shot. Removed the trigger assembly and polished out some burrs and rough spots and all was well. I have no complaints.

Won a free PSA 16" kit here on NWFA. I put it together in about an hour (first time doing this), and had only one issue. The trigger would not reset after the first shot. Removed the trigger assembly and polished out some burrs and rough spots and all was well. I have no complaints.

Had that same issue once and did the exact same thing. And got a better trigger feel for the effort. Been 100% reliable.

I dont see too much negative about them. Some say their bcg's dont get staked properly. The two ive had are fine.

Most if the people that diss of pda are the bcm koolaid drinkers (better stuff, but not everyone needs that much more expensive components)

The only things I wouldn't buy from them would be triggers (act is cheap and very good), and barrels (I like ballistic advantage, specifically their Hanson profile barrels)

Receivers, bcg's, lol (excluding triggers) are all good.

Fit and finish on mine are excellent.
GunInv2016-PSAR15.jpg

I'm another satisfied repeat customer. Prices and quality seem to be good. Only complaint might be the shipping time. They kind of have a reputation for that though so as long as you plan a couple weeks in advance, all is good.

I've had one issue on 10+ orders and that was a broken extractor on a BCG that was replaced within a couple weeks. Otherwise they have been good. Shipping has been slow at times, but usually I have tracking info within a couple days. They aren't the best rifles and parts you can get, but they are good quality at better than market prices and made in the US.

What your doing sounds awesome. I, too, have had good experiences with PSA. Looking through my order history with them kinda makes me cringe knowing how much money ive spent with them. Whats funny is ive never seen any blemishes from the blemished parts ive bought from them. Yes, shipping for a firearm takes a month or more but with their sales prices it is well worth it. The only issue ive had with them was when the PSA AK47 gen 2 first came out, it let me down. The finish looked like it was already rusting and the front gas tube would not properly align with the trunion and gas block after I had removed it.

Luckily, the folks at PSA made it right as they sent me a brand new one with upgraded furniture and extra PMAG. I will say though that at the time I was dealing with the issue, their customer service was harder to get through than the IRS. It was a 2 month turnaround and several phone calls, emails, and messages before I got my AK back. What finally got someone to look at my order was commenting on one of their FB posts. That sure got someones attention :cool:. Anyways, I still fall for their deals and its hard not to. If you see a really good deal, dont hesitate too long with them otherwise you will notice they sell out fast.
I think their reputation at one point was less than great, but to me and everything I've read/heard has been much better the last 12-18 months. I have no issues recommending them to anyone.

If you look you will find folks that have had problems with PSA stuff.... That is not because their stuff is bad but because they sell a metric bubblegum load of guns and parts.

It's no different than you finding guys who have had issues with there Ford or Chevy and saying they are junk...

I have purchased a lot of everything from PSA. Rifle kits, range bags, optics, triggers, ammo, etc. They have fantastic deals on all sorts of things. Their freedom and premium line seem just fine to me. I recently took the PA10 to the range and ran through a few mags of 140gr Silver Bear I had laying around. I sent an upper back once because my rear sight was adjusted almost completely to the left to make it line up with the slightly canted front sight post. I followed their contact procedure, sent the upper back, they fixed and returned to me a few months later. Yeah, shipping is slow, but everyone is slow compared to us Amazon Prime members :D I'm more than happy to trade ship time for some of the great deals that pop up.

Based on comments here maybe their bad rep is overstated?
Absolutely. There are some people who like to bash them regardless. PSA had some growing pains when they moved to a new ERP system. Some orders got delayed and misplaced during the system change, but they got it straightened out and things have been fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top