Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Paint Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by CaughtSteelin, Jul 26, 2009.

1. CaughtSteelin

CaughtSteelin Oregon Member

I am wondering if anyone has a good recommendation for a paint to put on tip of the sight's of a P3AT (parkenized)?

Thanks.

2. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

3. Oro

Oro Western WA Active Member

Cheaper than that and easier to get your hands on - fingernail polish. A zillion colors. and down the road cheap (or maybe already in your bathroom).

Will remove easily with a acetone soak if you want to change them or remove them This is the time-honored way of doing this for decades.

4. bikemaniac1

bikemaniac1 Portland Oregon Member

DO NOT waste your time and money on Bright Sights. I tried that on my Taurus .357 and it made the sight visibility worse. It dries up way darker then it looks in the container and peels off way to easily. I agree with the fingernail polish, I've also heard model paint works well.

5. CaughtSteelin

CaughtSteelin Oregon Member

Thanks guys. I will get me some finger nail polish.

6. pdxjohann

pdxjohann Portland near Tigard Member

Elsullo on an earlier post suggested white-out, the typing correction fluid. It worked well for me with its easy application and easy to clean off too. I found it super bright and easy to pick up with your minds eye.

7. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

fingernail polish good suggestion thanks

that other stuff did make em harder to see