JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you going to shoot competition or just for fun?
Then decide if you're shooting just 12 gauge or all for gauges. (410, 28, 20, 12)
Then decide your budget.
Now go shopping.

Last Edited:
Unless you can find a complete used over/under set up, going with a Beretta or Browning 12 gauge skeet gun and adding a Briley tube set in 410, 20 & 28 gauge might be the cheapest way to go. But even then a new Briley 4 gauge tube set is $1600 to $1800. Then add in the price of the gun it's self.
Now, ammo. Reloading? Four different reloaders and supplies? Buying new? If you can find any. Maybe take up fishing? :(

I suggest a 28-30in for skeet. I shoot mainly trap type sports and prefer the 32in barrels. Look at Guns Unlimited Omaha.com. I recently bought a new Browning Citori High Post with adjustable rib for $2295.00 ( I love this gun). They also had the 30 in barrel gun for the same price. I have a 30in Browning Trap that I just use for five stand. You might also look at the Sporting model with is more of a all-round gun. You should have no problem finding a gun in your price range NIB. Good luck in your decision. That is why I have so many shotguns. Besides that they are good looking. 20210308_170459.jpg

Last Edited:
I suggest a 28-30in for skeet. I shoot mainly trap type sports and prefer the 32in barrels. Look at Guns Unlimited Omaha.com. I recently bought a new Browning Citori High Post with adjustable rib for $2295.00 ( I love this gun). They also had the 30 in barrel gun for the same price. I have a 30in Browning Trap that I just use for five stand. You might also look at the Sporting model with is more of a all-round gun. You should have no problem finding a gun in your price range NIB. Good luck in your decision. That is why I have so many shotguns. Besides that they are good looking.View attachment 843935

nice, I mean I have a benelli m2 and ammo, but not sure if there are regs against it for comp shooting...

People use auto loaders all the time on the skeet/trap range. Most people prefer over/under for convivence of unloading and loading, and of course safety.
When these are broken open it is easier for all to see the action. Not so with a semi. Try that M2 and see if you like skeet before investing more money. You might be surprised. I have shot next to people using pumps, and semi autos. They do very well. The thing about most trap/skeet guns is that they have the little things that help the shooter. Monte Carlo stocks, adjustable comps, raised ribs, and usually a length of pull that is suited to the shooter.
The most common is 14.5 inches. But I am tall and take a 14.75 or 15.0 in on some guns. I use a high rib because I wear glasses. These guns get to be personalized to the shooter. It is a whole new science from the ordinary field gun. But use what you have and make the decision from there.

Is there a club nearby that might have leads on a skeet gun? The M2 would work well. Depending on how friendly the other shooters are you may get a few to let you shoot their gun, and that way you can get more of a feel for the different brands and barrel lengths/setups. But the "B" guns that Hemlock mentioned are a good place to start.

The skeet shooters I knew, that shot all 4 gauges, using over/unders used tube sets in 26 inch barrels. Shorter barrels keep the weight down for faster swings. Especially while the tubes are in the 12 gauge barrels. Unless you have the money for 4 complete O/U barrels sets fit to one receiver, it's the way to go.
And well with automatics you get four different guns. Hay, I like shopping for guns too. :D
Seams to me there was a Browning 4 barrel skeet set at Tropic's Pawn a while back. Don't know if it's still there or not.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top