Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Outdoor target practice area outside Oregon City?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by xrayblink, Oct 4, 2013.

1. xrayblink

xrayblink Oregon City New Member

I'm looking for a place to take handgun, shotgun, and rifle for a bit of "free" target practice. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It seems some spots have been closed.

2. 87Shooter45

87Shooter45 Cascadia New Member

Take Highway 224 out towards Estacada, there is a nice spot off the highway about 11 miles past Estacada. I haven't lived in OC for a few years so I am not sure of that locations availability, but there are other areas along that highway further out.

3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Search for Memaloose on this sub-forum. The directions have been posted a number of times.

Take a couple garbage bags with you and watch out for snow in the winter.

4. Mr.ed

Mr.ed Oregon city New Member

shoot me a email and ill help you out, edholst1950@gmail.com

5. SevenRemMag

SevenRemMag west linn/oregon city Member

if you go highway 224 to estecada, and go straight through like you're going to mt.hood, its about 10 minutes into the woods, youll see a green bridge that can only fit one car at one time over it, you follow that road up about .1miles, a sign reads "no shooting; next 6.8mi" all you have to do is follow it up. theres two gravel pits that you can shoot at a couple minutes up this road called memaloose rd. the first one is close to 100yards, a lot of guys use rifles there, then theres another just a minute farther up, its good for .22s and pistols, and you keep going up to find pretty secluded areas, however right now; this location is pretty snowy past the second gravel pit. so drive at your own risk. its a popular spot so on the weekends theres a pretty good firing line, although the guys are cool. have fun and good luck.