JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Excellent day at the MRC range today. Met Juk there just a few minutes before 10. The weather was sunny and very pleasant. Not too hot, not too cold.

Juk brought his M14 to test out some loads he'd recently worked up. Had a few ejection problems that was later attributed to a bad magazine follower but the rifle was extremely accurate. It was a lot of fun to watch how each load affected the rifles ability. What a science!

2lc8sbt.jpg

I was there mainly to spot for Juk but when he discovered I'd brought the Keltec RDB, he had an excuse to let the M14 barrel cool down between test loads. Still find myself completely amazed at the innovation and quality that went into the design and build of the RDB. Such a nice trigger too. It is a very pleasant rifle to shoot.

so9u0x.jpg
21lo7xh.jpg

We also made time to put 100 rounds of 5.7x28 through the newly acquired FN 5.7 pistol. Here is Juk commenting on how cute the 5.7 round is. Ahhhh, it looks like a baby .223.

rcim9s.jpg

Sounds like a nice day out, thanks for sharing!

How'd you all do with 5.7?

We find ourselves pushing left a bunch when we first take it out, because that pistol is so light. Hoping we'll get over it soon enough, because it's pretty fun to shoot. Pretty accurate when not compensating for an expected recoil (that's not there).

It was a beautiful day down at ARPC, also! Not hot with a light breeze! I took my wife, son, DIL and grandson out for a plinking extravaganza and to teach the DIL some HD shotgun. She did great, including some "I pick the clay" sitting on the hillside and doing some reloads while I picked the clay and yelled at the poor dear, that he was coming and he had a bayonet!!! :D First time shooting and she was smooth as silk! Next to send her (and the wife) to a professional for some formal training! Everyone had a great time. The kids burned through 600+ rnds of .22lr and 500 of 9mm and .40S&W.
All but me! :( I played RO and only expended 17 rnds of 9mm!

IMG_1430.JPG IMG_1457.JPG IMG_1426.JPG IMG_1431.JPG

Sorry for the bad iPhone photos, and Mr Bootsie Nambu was not allowed to participate, due to a bad attitude! :D

Last Edited:
It was a beautiful day down at ARPC, also! Not hot with a light breeze! I took my wife, son, DIL and grandson out for a plinking extravaganza and to teach the DIL some HD shotgun. She did great, including some "I pick the clay" sitting on the hillside and doing some reloads while I picked the clay and yelled at the poor dear, that he was coming and he had a bayonet!!! :D First time shooting and she was smooth as silk! Next to send her (and the wife) to a professional for some formal training! Everyone had a great time. The kids burned through 600+ rnds of .22lr and 500 of 9mm and .40S&W.
All but me! :( I played RO and only expended 17 rnds of 9mm!

View attachment 365286 View attachment 365287 View attachment 365288 View attachment 365289

Sorry for the bad iPhone photos, and Mr Bootsie was not allowed to participate, due to a bad attitude! :D
Sounds like everyone had some fun!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads