JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all - Looking to sight in a new rifle. Looking for places with 100 + yards around Beaverton/Hillsboro. I've been going to Scappoose to shoot pistols, but the longest stretch I've found is around 50 yards.

Anyone know of any places I can go? I've been reading about some places in Timber, which I'm fine traveling too, but have not seen anyone mention anything about distances.

Thanks

Im in Scappoose and it is becoming really hard to target shoot in the woods up here. OSP and the timber companies usually have people out now and if they catch you will fine you. Last time I spoke to one of them out hunting I was told of a quarry not far from Dutch Canyon road but I have been unable to locate it. There is a range in Rainier that has 100yd capability.

Thanks for the info. Why are they fining people; I thought you could shoot on any public land? Is it because logging roads are private?

People have been nailing targets to trees and shooting them. This destroys the timber that they can harvest so they have been really getting on people about it. I always bring my own stands and police up my area when done but they just dont want it anymore. The quarry\pit that they mentioned to me was done by the timber company so people would use that to shoot.

Did you figure out where this quarry is off of Dutch Canyon Road?? That would not be a bad drive from Hillsboro.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Did you figure out where this quarry is off of Dutch Canyon Road?? That would not be a bad drive from Hillsboro.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Not yet. Im working on it. Plan on taking a drive Wednesday to look. Place cant be more than 10 minutes from my house. Ill keep you posted.

I took a drive out Dutch Canyon last week. I google map'd an arial shot and found the gravel pit. When I drove out there was a gate about half way from hwy 30 that was posted private property.

At some point this weekend Ill see if I can contact Longview Timber. It was their rep and the OSP officer that stated the pit is where you go to shoot. As I gather the info I will post it for all.

If you are looking for a place for once or twice - English Pit in Vancouver . It is a covered shooting benches.
They have 4 main sections: 100 yard big bore, 50 Yd big bore, 50 yd rim fire and pistol 25 trd.
Think it is abou $18

Otherwise probably join a shooting club

Try not to go to Clown's Camp on the weekends though unless you're wearing Level IV body armor. I quit going there a couple of years ago due to moronic shooters that think it's fine to drink, smoke pot, and shoot over to top of other people since they're too f'n lazy to check the range after they pull up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top