JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
During the original Star Trek series in the mid to late 1960's, the show began to offer viewers membership in their new Fan Club. Many TV series did this too, like the Man-From-Uncle series Fan Club.
Show themed memorabilia was offered, membership cards, etc...
The Star Trek fan club offered a gold coloured *communicator* replica, like the ones worn on uniform tunics on the show. I have never seen one anywhere else, even on Star Trek memorabilia sites. Here's what it looks like:
What's it worth?

40983703-819F-437C-9CE6-3B49D5B294A0.jpeg 6AA5FC6C-209D-4ACA-9B0E-B33C6F192042.jpeg

Fascinating....:D

I really don't know...
But if its at all like other "collectibles"...
Condition...
Box , papers and the like...
How many are out there / made...
Demand and timing of the sale ...
Will all play a role here.
Andy

During the original Star Trek series in the mid to late 1960's, the show began to offer viewers membership in their new Fan Club. Many TV series did this too, like the Man-From-Uncle series Fan Club.
Show themed memorabilia was offered, membership cards, etc...
The Star Trek fan club offered a gold coloured *communicator* replica, like the ones worn on uniform tunics on the show. I have never seen one anywhere else, even on Star Trek memorabilia sites. Here's what it looks like:
What's it worth?

View attachment 692901 View attachment 692903
Are you sure this is from the 60's ? That would make a big difference

There are no *extras,* boxes or affiliating papers because its 54 years old.
The condition is excellent, the attaching clasp on the rear is intact & functional.
This is the genuine Star Trek Fan Club pin offered by the show.

Has anyone seen one like it?
We should ask William Shatner.

I'll give ya $20 for it, and include the French product literature about the chrome-vanadium cutting blades, too. ;)
Hey, as they say, "$20 is $20...", right? :eek:

The Star Trek fan club offered a gold coloured *communicator* replica, like the ones worn on uniform tunics on the show.
To clarify, Star Trek: TOS did not use a tunic-mounted communicator.
That was Star Trek: TNG where they tapped their insignia on the left breast of their uniforms. TOS used the pocket "flip-phone" style communicator.
My very first cell phone (1994) was a Motorola "flip-phone", the TAC Ultra-Lite. I remember playing "Cap'n Kirk" with it for the first several months after I got it. Whenever it would ring, I'd flip it open, one-handed style like Kirk, and bark into it, "Sobo here!" Gawd, that was so fun... :s0140:
Motorola_TAC_Ultra_Lite.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews