JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
922r is a joke. Completely unenforceable and completely unenforced at our level.

I'd say a good 7.62 Saiga, unconverted is more desirable than a noname converted one. I'd also say it's in the $1200-1500 range. Panic buyers and ban state folks can drive the prices of unconverted up. Unconverted is a blank slate to work with. A guy local to me paid $1200 for one last week that is in pretty dang good shape.

That said, even my rarest Saiga, 20ga shotgun, I've never paid more than $800 for one and I'm really late to the game!

A lot more than what I sold mine for. I think an un-bubba'd saiga feels and shoots like nothing else. Really wish they were still imported

I don't recommend ignoring federal firearms laws no matter how ridiculous they might be. I don't even recommend implying that they should be ignored.
Never implied anything. Just stated the facts.

I'm betting almost none of the members here think of 922r when buying parts or building kits. It is very much unenforceable and unenforced at our level. I have no qualms about sticking surplus mags in my borderline 922r guns.

1) "Really tans my hide that there was a time where prices were kind of in the neighborhood of your joke offer and that I missed it because I was busy being 11 years old"
Yeah. like those Lugers from Ye Olde Hunter for 69.95 in 1963, which equates to ~$602 today. Good deal, but more than I had @ age 16 for a Luger. I remember the surplus store having Tokarev M40s for ~$40 too - ($343 today)

2) "Do you have to convert one if bought in the sporter configuration?"
Marc Krebs does a nice job of this.

3) "I'm betting almost none of the members here think of 922r when buying parts or building kits"
I would.

No conversion is required though purists would say you must. I am of smaller stature so between the feel and LOP/distance to the handguard conversion is a no brainer for me.

You guys can do whatever you like with 922r. I trust you know why is was created. I'll keep using the correct parts no matter where they were made.

Actually, the sporter with AK mag doesn't seem like such a bad choice if you don't need a bayonet. It doesn't have the belligerent appearance, which may be a good thing or not - not much different from an SKS. There may be times when you don't want your rifle to stick out like a turd in a punchbowl.
Even if a pistol grip would be my 1st choice, a sporter (with AK mags of course) wouldn't render me poorly armed. Mechanically, it's a semi-auto AK. In a real life SHTF/WROL situation ammo will not be so plentiful that you can spray and pray, so when every shot has to count features designed to aid rapid fire may not be quite so important. The AK sporter is pretty much a functional equivalent to an SKS that takes AK mags.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top