JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive actually been contemplating this.

Ive got three main methods now, small cardboard boxes for regular use range mags, mag racks bolted on to work desk and ammo safe for staged loaded mags (admittedly I phased out of this), but I primarily store unloaded mags in 50cal cans then stack those in my accessories and ammo safe.

Im currently after some way to store but also display AK mags after this big round of purchases pre 114 (not panic, as I was going to get these anyway and I didnt overpay). I decided to get one of each of the unique polymer AK mags I could find being offered on the market. All the variants of PSA's offerings, the 2 main variants of Xtech, toth tool, AC Unity..etc. now I have a dozen, "new" styles of mags to go with my circle 10's and steel.. it'd be cool to have a wall display or shelf display of some kind but I havent been too creative about it.

Hoping to see if anyone in this thread had any cool display ideas.

With the possibility of Measure 114 passing, and me buying more mags lately, I've had to start stacking them in this. I keep the Magpuls in the 100 count boxes they ship in. :D

inventory10-1200x800.jpg

It depends. Most of my pistol mags are in the pouches shown above with the velcro flap. They were super cheap when I got mine. They stack nicely on the shelf.

Some mags are in pouches ready for use.

I have a lot of 20rd GI mags for my target AR. They are in bandoliers that hold 7 mags and you get 2 bandoliers per .30 ammo can.

Some mags are in various ammo style cans or milk crates, some just stack on the shelf.

Someone else mentioned IDing mags. Some examples are: all my GI mags have hand loaded ballistic tips for my target AR, Magpul 30rd for standard ammo, 20rd OD ones for .300 Whisper, Glock 9mm are standard while .40 cal all have blue tape on them. Not only that but I label my ammo by coloring the primers; in 9mm black = 115gr SS for my rifle, red = 147gr SS for my pistol.

Last Edited:
For pistols, I use MidwayUSA pistol cases:

View attachment 1304299View attachment 1304300

Good covered area for 7 magazines; large zippered pouch for pistol; plus 2 zippered pouches on the other side for holster, gloves, ammo ???
These, multiples, and/or the inserts to the Midway competition range bags.

This range bag set:

I have cut down & inserted reinforced (taped) cardboard boxes inside the range bag inserts. Not required, however simply helps hold shape for handling is all. Recommend. Will hold 30+ standard capacity 9mm handgun mags charged (CZ, Canik, Block etc).

They used to sell just the insert bags. Looks like just what comes with the range bag now.

Recommend the range bag, if someone has a want for a range bag. Don't recommend the range bag kit purchase JUST for the soft side bag tho.

Bag insert is more convenient at the range than ammo cans, for handgun. For us. Depends how much one shoots, how they shoot etc etc.

I learned a trick from a good friend on this board taught me this trick. Get a white permanent marker and write on the magazine what it is. Works on stainless steel, plastic and blued magazines.
Use an "oil-based" Sharpie and you can not only mark things as necessary, but if you need to, you can also take off the markings by wiping them with a cloth soaked with alcohol as needed.

At the moment I have stackable hobby bins made of clear plastic to organize unused mags by pattern (AR, Steyr AUG, MP5, etc.). Mags that are staged for use are kept in mag pouches, which are either attached to LBE, in rapid deployment bags, or ready to slide onto my belt.

For the most part I run the same platforms. All my ARs are 5.56 so that makes it easy. My pistols are either Glock or a Sig variant (all 9mm) metal mags vs plastic and my bolt guns range from .17HMR to .300WM (mags are pretty identifiable). I keep it pretty simple which makes organization easy.

Strange thing, Every one of my firearms that take magazines each use their own bespoke design, so it's super simple to keep track of which is which, and that makes storing them super easy! I try and keep them in Bandoliers, which makes a grab and go super quick and I don't phuck it up and grab the wrong ones when I gotta go Full Tilt Semi Auto Crazy!

I do like @Certaindeaf s idea with the Polkadotties Haversack on a stick, it's old school simple and nobody would even know what was going on!

Pistol Mags one in each gun, and overflow above the safe in foam cutouts.
PXL_20221104_011232616.jpg

Rifle mags in the bottom drawers of the office filing cabinet.
PXL_20221104_011211457.jpg

60 quart Sterilite transparent tubs for the empty mags
50 Cal ammo cans for the loaded ones.
Each can and tub is clearly marked with what flavors are inside.

How many snickers bars?
That's what pools are for.

I learned a trick from a good friend on this board taught me this trick. Get a white permanent marker and write on the magazine what it is. Works on stainless steel, plastic and blued magazines.
Same - yellow, gold or white paint marker.
@JRuby, that started out like a Kamala Harris quote -- "I learned a trick from a good friend on this board who taught me this trick. We can all learn from tricky friends and the tricks they teach us as friends."

Same - yellow, gold or white paint marker.
@JRuby, that started out like a Kamala Harris quote -- "I learned a trick from a good friend on this board who taught me this trick. We can all learn from tricky friends and the tricks they teach us as friends."
I will take your word for it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR