JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like there is a lot of talk, a good chance this fat monkey will be there.

I'll try to show up in as much "liberal" gear as I can. ("Democrats with guns" T-shirt, "Blue Steel Democrats" hat, "Liberal Gun Club" jacket, etc.) Want to remind the "on the fence, convinceable" Democrats that they *DO* have Democratic constituents who are opposed to more useless laws.

And yeah, next time around (2016) I am certainly running against Ginny Burdick in the primary. Even if the Democratic Party goes whole-hog insane anti-gun (I mean the official party itself, which, in Oregon, currently officially supports gun rights, in spite of the fact that quite a few Democratic lawmakers choose to ignore that,) so that I register away by then (I know a few who have, even though they are "raving bleeding heart liberals" who agree with everything else,) I will re-register as a Democrat in 2016 solely to run against her.

Well, damn. I won't be there after all, but for good(ish) reason. I'll be at a meeting worming my way higher into the structure of the Democratic Party of Oregon - specifically attempting to get myself elected to the "Platforms and Resolutions" committee (I believe I have enough votes to be safely in.) AKA: The committee that makes suggestions to the party as a whole for what should be considered priorities; as well as the committee that gets first crack at any resolutions that random Democrats submit to the party. As in: I'll be in the best place possible to shoot down any attempts to put anti-gun statements in to the Democratic Party of Oregon's official positioning as early in the process as possible.

[Edit] In the following couple months, I will also make serious attempts to get higher up the actual leadership ranks in various levels of the Democratic Party. - I had originally posted far too much detail about what precisely I'll be running for, but I don't want to give away the info too soon - might jinx it (or find out that some Anti Dems are on here and will use it to campaign against me.) Long story short: I'm trying to make sure the Democratic Party of Oregon has at least one gun-rights advocate placed as highly as possible - since we *HAVE* lost some of the previously-influential advocates over internal party squabbles. (One completely re-registered as non-affiliated due to a spat with a couple party leaders, this person was *VERY* influential before, having multiple leadership positions at various levels in the party. Big loss for gun-rights Dems. But I'm sure when the dust settles, and the Democratic Party leadership comes back to its senses, this person will come back.)

And yes, I mean "Democratic Party" as in the party itself - I fully know that there are individual Democratic lawmakers who are anti-gun, which means that they technically hold positions that are in opposition to the stated position of the Party.

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews