JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like there is a lot of talk, a good chance this fat monkey will be there.

I'll try to show up in as much "liberal" gear as I can. ("Democrats with guns" T-shirt, "Blue Steel Democrats" hat, "Liberal Gun Club" jacket, etc.) Want to remind the "on the fence, convinceable" Democrats that they *DO* have Democratic constituents who are opposed to more useless laws.

And yeah, next time around (2016) I am certainly running against Ginny Burdick in the primary. Even if the Democratic Party goes whole-hog insane anti-gun (I mean the official party itself, which, in Oregon, currently officially supports gun rights, in spite of the fact that quite a few Democratic lawmakers choose to ignore that,) so that I register away by then (I know a few who have, even though they are "raving bleeding heart liberals" who agree with everything else,) I will re-register as a Democrat in 2016 solely to run against her.

Well, damn. I won't be there after all, but for good(ish) reason. I'll be at a meeting worming my way higher into the structure of the Democratic Party of Oregon - specifically attempting to get myself elected to the "Platforms and Resolutions" committee (I believe I have enough votes to be safely in.) AKA: The committee that makes suggestions to the party as a whole for what should be considered priorities; as well as the committee that gets first crack at any resolutions that random Democrats submit to the party. As in: I'll be in the best place possible to shoot down any attempts to put anti-gun statements in to the Democratic Party of Oregon's official positioning as early in the process as possible.

[Edit] In the following couple months, I will also make serious attempts to get higher up the actual leadership ranks in various levels of the Democratic Party. - I had originally posted far too much detail about what precisely I'll be running for, but I don't want to give away the info too soon - might jinx it (or find out that some Anti Dems are on here and will use it to campaign against me.) Long story short: I'm trying to make sure the Democratic Party of Oregon has at least one gun-rights advocate placed as highly as possible - since we *HAVE* lost some of the previously-influential advocates over internal party squabbles. (One completely re-registered as non-affiliated due to a spat with a couple party leaders, this person was *VERY* influential before, having multiple leadership positions at various levels in the party. Big loss for gun-rights Dems. But I'm sure when the dust settles, and the Democratic Party leadership comes back to its senses, this person will come back.)

And yes, I mean "Democratic Party" as in the party itself - I fully know that there are individual Democratic lawmakers who are anti-gun, which means that they technically hold positions that are in opposition to the stated position of the Party.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top