JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB945/Introduced

So I'll be breaking the law with this if it passes....

image.jpg

Wth?

Man, I may have to initiate that recall of Hayward after all. They are not giving us a break are they?
No surprise here. They have been talking about this all along.
I was thinking mag restrictions might be saved for next session but now I'm not so sure.:(
Something else I'm not so sure of is that everybody here really is writing and calling. More than once would be nice!

Man, I may have to initiate that recall of Hayward after all. They are not giving us a break are they?
Unfortunately I don't think Hayward would be a good choice (yet). At least strictly from a pro 2nd side (Im in her district as well). In districts like her's we would need a strong coalition, she handily won her election with little effort. And she is a social butterfly, so her allies would have to be overcome as well. More episodes like the opposition to her vaccination stance might change that in the future. Otherwise, IMO, helping out in SD15 (Riley) might be a better use of resources.

Alright, what's up with this bill now?

(2) This section does not prohibit: (a) A minor, who is not otherwise prohibited under subsection (1)(c) of this section, from possessing a firearm: (A) Other than a handgun, if the firearm was transferred to the minor by the minor's parent or guardian or by another person with the consent of the minor's parent or guardian; or (B) Temporarily for hunting, target practice or any other lawful purpose, with the permission of the minor's parent or guardian; or

This hit home for me. I cannot put into words how much time I spent hunting varmints and paper on my parents farm under the age of 18 without any supervision, same for my father, and his brother, and their father and mother, and so on and so forth. Would being my parent's kin constitute "permission" under such laws, because that's all I ever had or needed.

What do you think they mean by

The firearm is in a location where the person knows or reasonably should know that a minor could gain access to the firearm
?

I mean, again, having always known the safe combo...was I just a privileged upstart? I don't think I'm alone here.

How would the storage law effect you?

"Could" is the best gray area word there is...

There are no minor children living at my house. With this bill, if a friend stops by with a minor child, I will have to ask them to wait outside while I lock up the handguns that are in my desk and nightstand.

The current crop of legislators, with a couple of exceptions, don't care what you think. WA and OR alike.

They've got an agenda to further. Facts and the will of the voters are only seen as obstacles.

-- why do they keep filling the law books with unenforceable crap. I thought the law makers were supposed to fix problems not waste our time and money on frivolous b.s.
It's just a add on charge to further punish you if the police ever decide to come over to your house. Just like how your supposed to have a state approved and marked "litter bag" in your car for trash. Utterly pointless, unless they decide to start sending people to inspect your home once you have school age children or after they probe your kids about their "home life"

So , whats next, house to house ''inspections'' to make sure every gun owner has complied to this proposed law? And as soon as it would be passed, there would be no longer an ''EMERGENCY" ? I want to know exactly HOW can THEY say there is a emergency situation?? I haven't seen or heard of rampant shootings, suicides, robberies, etc. Then, whats next, putting pressure on kids in school to rat on parents, uncles, aunts, etc on who has guns, little subtle questions for 4-5th graders to start, then accelerate to the higher grades? I wouldn't put it past them at all, hmmmm smells more and more like a communist state/nation. Give it time.

I should add a little more ''meat'' to the fray, how about a reward system to any and all who would drop a dime on a neighbor or coworker? See or hear something, report it, call it a ''reward system''. They've been doing this in other countries for years, and made it work. Look how they turned out.

The book "Atlas Shrugged" explains their agenda this way:

You cannot control law abiding citizens. You must criminalize as many actions as possible and use selective enforcement to gain control

The founding fathers aren't just rolling over in their graves, they are doing back flips. I am truly sad for what is happening to this country. But I will continue to do whatever I can to slow the rat-bubblegums down.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews